Chapter 8

The sound of water dripping somewhere in a faucet was all that could be heard as I sat there, taking all their words in. The silence was unbearable, and by the looks of it the boys wanted to break it, but how, they didn't know. For I was making no effort in helping them break it despite feeling the suffocation of it.

I had more to focus on than the unbearable silence. My mind was playing their words in my head. Over and over again.

BTS would soon leave HYBE. That's what they said. According to the group, their contract had come to an end, and due to some issues, they couldn't renew it.

They didn't want to.

At least that is what they told me.

So BTS would soon leave HYBE and join another entertainment. The reason this album release didn't bring them any happiness was because it meant they were leaving soon, in less than a month. That was the deal. HYBE's last BTS project was the album BE.

But the question was, if they didn't want to leave, why were they leaving then?

Oh right. According to Namjoon, they wanted to leave. That is what he said. They wanted to.

And the entertainment they were going to sign up with was none other than Silverspoon entertainment. Yup. No wonder I thought I heard it somewhere.

But no matter what the boys told me, how many excuses they made, me, being the person from future already knew what was going on. And that for some reason in itself was... gnawing at me.

Soon, their truth will be out. All the allegations, the scandals, the scams, all of it. The time has come for it to be revealed. Because so far I know, it happened not long after BTS changed agencies, which I completely forgot about until now.

And since the truth will be out soon, something else will also happen.

Their deaths. BTS will die.

Soon. Very soon.

I had forgotten about that. No. I had forgotten I came back only a year late from their deaths.

Inwardly I swallowed the bile that had formed in my throat out of nowhere, making me stare at the floor more intently.

How could I have forgotten this? Their deaths are nearing soon. Their horrible fate coming at a quick speed.

My time here was soon coming to an end.

As I hopped.

"So, you are telling me, that you will all leave HYBE soon. Am I correct?" I asked, to which the boys nodded grimly. "Yes."

"And sign up with Silverspoon?"

"Indeed."

"Why?"

Silence.

The boys looked from one to another, unsure of what to say as I stared at each of their faces, waiting for them to tell me the truth. The truth they should have told grandma. If only she asked.

"Why must you guys leave? Can't you just renew the contract? I'm sure HYBE doesn't want to let you guys go you are all share holders after all." My confusion was way high in the surface, so much that now Namjoon was getting to his feet to explain. "It's...not that simple. We can stay...we just...don't want to. Silverspoon entertainment can help us in ways HYBE never could. So it's going to be great."

I stared at the man with knitted eyebrows and parted lips as he forced out a smile, but I was having none of it. They were going to leave HYBE, for better benefits? Seriously?

If that was the case, why did the look so devasted in doing so?

"We will miss you."

Came Jimin's soft voice, making turn to look at him. The young boy smiled at me with his glassy eyes, making the bile rise in my throat yet again. "Among all the things we will miss...you will be the one we miss the most. Honestly."