Chapter 30

Narrator:

"No. I'm not Kim Yoonah."

The words fell like boulders over the BTS boys, weighing down on them as the meaning behind the words begin to settle in. And as the seconds passed, and the girl before them made no move to correct herself or say she was merely joking, the reality of their situation begin to sink in, the boulders pulling them lower and lower down the sea.

Safe for Taehyung, the others stumbled backwards, fear edging on to their faces as the wondered who this person before them was if not who they think she is. And their action doesn't go unnoticed by Yeh Suh, who takes a single step forward, but one look at their horror stricken face has her gulping down the bile in her throat, eyes stinging with unshed tears.

Why...did I tell them the truth?

What made me think they'd understand?

They'll never understand, no matter how many times I come back to this moment, this will be the hardest test to pass, and perhaps I may never pass after all.

Yet, why then do I still keep feeling like this is the right thing to do?

With her lips parted, Yeh Suh glances at one after another, studying their faces.

Is it because I feel like a traitor to them? An imposter? Impersonating as their loved one?

I know this could cost me my one chance at turning history to its rightful place, so why do I keep doing this knowing they'll always fear me?

Do they... fear me?

Yeh Suh wished she could ask them, but no words would leave her lips. She knew they were waiting for her to explain, to elaborate, but words seemed to fail her right that moment. How could it not? She just told her loved ones she's not who they think she is. They are bound do hate her.

"Wh-what do you mean," Taehyung, who had not moved an inch from his place, asked with his hands fisted at his sides. "You are not Kim Yoonah?"

"I-" Yeh Suh shut her eyes, the first drop of tear sliding down her cheeks before she finally gained the energy she needed to get it all out of her chest.

There is nothing left for me to do now. For I know no matter how many times I come back here, I'll always make the choice of telling them the truth, regardless of it's results.

Best to get this done with.

Sucking in a deep breath, Yeh Suh said. "My name... my name is Kim Yeh Suh. And I'm from the future."

"The... the future?" Namjoon asked incredulously, disbelief written all over his face which said he didn't trust her words a single but. However Yeh Suh wouldn't give up. Licking her lips, she continued. "I know, I know how this sounds to you and trust me when I say, even I don't know how this is possible. I have been asking myself this question ever since I got here. But trust me when I say, it is the truth. I'm not a sasaeng like I know you are thinking right now. I'm not crazy. I'm indeed from the future. I'm Kim Yeh Suh, Kim Yoonah's grand daughter."

"What!?"

The shock was expected, and Yeh Suh understood their bafflement all too clearly they yelled in unison, making her flinch despite herself.

Raising her hands to silence them or more like calm them down, she continued, wishing to get this over with. "You want to know how I know everything? How I know things about silver spoon despite being a HYBE employee? Because after this day, all of this will become public news. At least the parts that Silver spoon wishes to publicize."