Chapter 9

A week had passed of me wallowing in my self pity. My eyes were bloodshot and hairs a mess, but I still managed to make it to work with a rather runny nose.

And obviously, it didn't go unnoticed by the seven boys.

They asked me if I was okay and why I didn't show up for work for the last whole week. I said I did, they just never saw me.

Honestly I did. I wasn't lying. The last week had been a busy one for them with activity that never seemed to stop. I had always kept myself to the sidelines, unable to bring myself to deal with more than I could handle.

I was still crying over Jin San.

I had no idea why this guy was affecting me so much. Was it because of his looks? Or because of how sweet he was? Honestly it's hard to get men like that on 2080. Can't really blame me.

Nonetheless I was broken, and didn't have the mood nor energy to explain myself or get along in conversations. So I kept to myself for the whole week.

When my only reply to them was that I was fine and it was nothing to worry about, they eventually gave up, turning back to their respective businesses and leaving me on my own devices.

Oh no. Correction. I was left on my own devices. I was summoned. By Min Yoongi.

"Yes?" I asked, my voice deep and hoarse from all the crying as I sniffed. Yoongi was busy piling up some files, his eyes trained on them but I knew he heard me as he said. "You have to come with me."

"Come? Where?"

"My appointment."

"What appointment?"

At this, Yoongi stopped whatever he was doing and turned to look at me, his face having that expression as if to say 'are you for real right now?'. But I seriously had no idea what he was talking about.

This made a new nervousness build inside me. He had an appointment and it was something he expected me to know, something grandma already knew. If I say I don't know now, will it raise alarms?

"Oohhh!" I all but shrieked, my pretending game being worst than a child. "Oh yes! Yes that appointment! Yes sure. Let us go."

I had no idea where we had to go.

----------

Two hours later, Yoongi and I stepped out of the orthopediologists chamber, shutting the door behind us while yoongi pulled his mask back on.

For a long time the two of us stood there not saying anything, nor even moving forward. I had no idea what to do, so I just stood there, watching the man as he stared into nothingness.

What was he thinking about so deeply?

Then he suddenly sighed pushing his hairs back before placing his beanie back on. "Come on."

Nodding, I followed.

Two hours earlier, when I had pulled the car in front of the building for Yoongi to get in, I had no idea where we were going or for what. But thankfully I had disguised that play very well, and asked Yoongi merely pretending the hospital name had skipped my mind. He was kind enough to remind me again.

But once in the hospital, I was rooted to my spot. Since Yoongi was in direct contact with his doctor and not through me, he had already spoken with the man on the phone, already knew he had an appointment and also knew where the chamber was because apparently, this wasn't Yoongi's first visit.

I later found out what was wrong with Yoongi. He had a dislocated shoulder. Long before he joined BTS. When he still worked as a pizza delivery boy. And due to overworking, the shoulder was starting to hurt again.