Chapter 21

The silence in the apartment was anything but peaceful. It was cold, chilly and thick, and so very suffocating. Like a thick fog had descended upon the whole room and wouldn't go away. Like it was deafening our ears.

With my hands hanging limply by my side and my head dropped low, I stated stunned to my spot after the cat like entity had teleported me to another timeline, a believe it was after the horrible revelation given we were all now in BTS apartment.

The boys were all seated around, not one of them uttering a single word as they eyes looked dazed and sunken, unable to understand how they had come to this point. Up until now, they were preparing for their next comeback, excited like every other time without a care in the world that their beloved agency would take care of all of it. After all, it is with their blood sweat and tears that this company was built, if not for them, then why?

The sound of a case crashing to the floor had me jumping out of my skin, finally garnering a reaction out of me but the boys seemed unfazed like usual. My eyes followed the movements of the vase only to see Yoongi standing over that shards, panting for breath as a thin thread of blood trickled down his arm and hit the white tiled floor.

It was rather scary to see him like this. Through all the times I spent here, Yoongi had always been the calmest of all. No matter what sort of argument broke out between them, Yoongi always managed to keep his composure, so seeing him like this was beyond terrifying.

"Yoongi..." I whispered, trying to reach out to the said man only to realize they couldn't see me.

"The irony." Yoongi seethed, chuckling bitterly to himself as he ran his fingers through his hairs roughly. "The irony of our boss to sell us out after bathing in all these luxury earned with our hardwork. Huh. The irony indeed."

I bit down on my lower lip as I held back a sob, stepping back as Jungkook looked up. "He didn't sell us, hyung. You know that. It's the situation that-"

"Situation? Situation Jungkook? Are you dense!?" Taehyung interrupted the younger, his eyes blazing with fury. "You might as well say he is saving us! Because that's what it sounds like to your tiny brain doesn't it!? Oh the great Bang ShiHyuk who can do no wrong!"

"Taehyung I-"

"Just because he didn't say it word to word doesn't mean he didn't mean it." Taehyung hissed, while all I could do was stare with horror in my face, for never had I seen them this mad. He looked ghastly, but none of the members seemed to care. Like as if they were all hiding that same face.

"He is right." Said Hoseok, making me whip my head towards him as he sucked in a deep breath while wiping a stray tear from his eyes. "That was one hell of a way to sugarcoat his words. He used our heard earned money to built an empire he was chairing. And because he could do so much more, not once did we doubt that the company might be in a financial crisis and that he would indebt us to a rival agency. He used our money for himself and not for us and we couldn't even tell. This whole time, for years. And now that his company is in a tight spot, he is abandoning us. Selling us out. Can you even believe he placed us as a collateral?"

While all the members agreed, it seemed like Jungkook still wanted to believe in some notion that their boss wasn't evil. "But he didn't think it would go this far! He thought he could pay it back so we would never even fall in danger to begin with! Who knew money was not all Gowon would want but revenge!"

"Jungkook! Grow up, will you!?" Jimin all but yelled at the younger, his tear stained eyes glaring. "The mere fact that he considered us as his collateral itself proves what motives he had! That should he suffer any damage in the future, the brunt of it all will go on us! Not HYBE! Don't you see it?"