Chapter 12

Days hard turned to weeks, and weeks had turned to months, until a new winter was already in the horizon. It's been almost a year since my arrival back in 2020, and now it was already halfway through 2021. I still worked at HYBE as the main manager of ENHYPEN, and in the months that passed I had gotten more used to my work and surroundings. I knew what was required of me and how to live in this world.

I no longer had to bring groceries or prepare water bottles after every performance. I did not have to tag along for the slightest things all the time. No. I had much more work.

I had to keep track of every single members schedule, the slightest hiccups, where they went and when they went, why they went. Everything. It was exhausting, but not physically. But I told myself it was better than what I used to do before.

And yet I found myself missing how I would fill groceries. Or arrange water bottles.

I missed going out and about, or even doing nothing but asking the makeup team to fix the make up. I miss doing those silly stuff, because I miss the people I used to do those things with.

I missed BTS.

I was later told that my work wasn't supposed to be this hard. That it didn't require me accompanying every single member wherever they went, just Yoongi. And yet they would always order new to follow around like they didn't have solo managers.

It took me a while to realize why they did what they did.

Because they loved me. They loved my grandma.

Considering she was one of the few staff that stuck with them since debut, it was only normal for them to adore her so much, especially when she was nothing but a teenager when she first joined. They cared for her like their own little sister, and she fir them.

But she...wasn't me.

I wasn't her. I wasn't the girl that stayed with them since debut. I wasn't the one they adored. I was her grand daughter, sent back in time to see their true colors with my own eyes. And as much as I missed them and felt the guilt gnawing at me, I could do nothing but stay put.

Because at the end, BTS were con artists, and soon, very soon, their true colors will be revealed to the world, and my time here will be over. I'll go back. That will be the end of the story.

It should be.

Because that very day, every single news headlines read only one thing.

"Worlds biggest boy band BTS member Suga associated with illegal use of drugs."

Yes, that was what it said. That was the first blow. And while the whole world was thunderstruck, I, on the other hand, already knew that headline, and many more to come. I knew where this was going. But no one else did.

The world watched as that single spark ignited, and the ARMYs tried to extinguish it.

But it wouldn't get extinguished. It would only grow. Until it will be a wildfire.

It will be unstoppable.

Because the very next day, there was another headline.

"BTS member Jin has been reported to fake illness to avoid military enlistment."

And the next day.

"BTS member Jungkook was seen leaving a drag club intoxicated."

And another.

"BTS member JHOPE under fire for harassing and bullying young trainees at his agency."

"BTS member Taehyung was accused of sexual harassment in a stripper club in Paris."