Star In Your Own Life

Kendall's POV

"WOW guys check it out. Nia's shooting a music video" I told the girls checking Nia's Instagram. "What! No way" Mackenzie yellped as she grabbed my phone. "Oh no she didn't" Maddie said as she grabbed the phone off Mackenzie. "Your joking right" Kalani said as she grabbed the phone off Maddie. "Oh yes she did" JoJo said coming into the room. We all jumped as we didn't see her there. She was wearing her black and yellow Aldc top and so we were.

"What's the problem Mackenzie. Scared it's going to be better" JoJo asked Mackenzie still standing at the door crossed arms. "No. Of course not. Why would I. There's no competition between us. She's almost 4 years older than me" Mackenzie fought back now standing directly in front of JoJo. "That's showbiz ladies" JoJo said repeating what Abby had said to them a week ago at Mackenzie's music video and with that she walked out of the den.

"Don't worry Mack. She's still bitter over how she didn't get to participate in your music video" Maddie said hugging Kenzie from behind. Mackenzie didn't budge. Kalani and I could tell she was crying. But to be honest I don't know why. But Mackenzie answered our question. "I just can't believe Nia would go through all this to prove that she's better than the newbies." Mackenzie said doing bunny fingers at the newbies part.

"And guys the worst part is. Her song is called star in your own life." Kalani said showing me my phone. And it hit me. "I GAVE HER THE IDEA OF THE SONG TITLE" I yelled.

~~~~~~~3 Weeks Ago~~~~~~
"Congrats" I said cheerfully.
"Yeah you deserve it with all the shit you've been through so far" Kalani added.
"But it's not so fair how the newbies get to come in and crash the party and getting all these opportunity's while we've been here for years and all we've had was a few music video auditions. I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy for you guys like Maddie you get to star in SIA'S music video and Mackenzie your going to make your own music video soon so congrats guys" Nia said flatly looking from Maddie to Mackenzie.
We were all a bit taken back by her sudden jealousy but it was true.
"I mean I know were your coming from Nia-" Mackenzie said but was cut off by JoJo.
"No you really don't we deserve it and so do you but good luck I guess" JoJo said sternly.
"Guys STOP they really deserve it. They are part of the ALDC. Were all a family. Why the sudden jealousy. We'll all get a chance to star in our own life. You'll see." I said stopping the intense moment.
~~~~~~~~~ End Of Flashback~~~~~~~~~

"Ok girls line up" Abby told us. "Where's Nia?" Abby asked looking at us all.
"She's just out and about touring L.A with Holly" Jess told Abby.
"Doing what? Doesn't she know that you have to CONTACT me before you miss rehearsal so we can organise some changes" Abby yelled at Jess.
"Yeah she's shooting her music video" I blurted out.
"A music video? Oh that won't do. Ok Let me get it straight. IM THE MANAGER. IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD HAVE A NEW INTEREST YOU WANT TO INVEST IN YOU RUN IT BY ME" Abby screamed at the mothers.

"Ok no pyramid because there was no competition. Congrats on Maddie and Mackenzie for the opportunities you have given our studio. Maddie you are the new face of the ALDC" Abby announced. My heart sank. I was the face of the ALDC. How can Abby do that to me. How could Maddie.

This week there was 2 solos JoJo and Mackenzie and the usual lyrical group number. When we finished the first hour of rehearsal I told my mom what happened in the den and she said we needed to talk to Abby. Without the cameras.

We went to the room beside the dance room in our studio for rent. We walked in and Gia was showing Abby something on her phone. "Hey Gia can you excuse us for a sec" My mom asked. Gia nodded walking out with her bag and cheese burger in hand.

"Oh I've actually been meaning to talk to you too, you go first what's up?" Abby asked. I explained to Abby what happened in the café and the whole song title scenario. "Can't we sue them for copyright or something. I mean they did sign the contract with you" My mom said. It felt kind of wrong listening all the bullshit that was coming out of my mothers mouth. I've been friends with Nia since 02 and I was selling her out like this. I looked over at the door and something was moving.