Page six: Powers and Metals

💧

The encyclopaedia of the middle-realm

Two thousand, nine hundred and fifty fourth year of the third moon

Powers and metals of the three realms.

Powers

There are three types of powers in the three realms. Dark powers, divine powers and blue powers. Dark powers are the powers used by demons and goblins, light powers by fairies and angels and the blue powers used solely by the keeper of the blue teardrop crystal, made up of magic from the core of the Middle Realm. Dark and Divine powers exist within the core of the angels, demons, goblins and fairies, and both types exist within the core of the nymphs.

Dark powers come originally from the lower realm, and have spread to the middle realm by the goblins and partially by nymphs. Dark powers emit a smoke-like aura around a powerful user, and a red glow in a user's eyes. The red glow turns purple because of the special colour on the inside of a goblin's eye. Using this power is exhausting, as it requires intense focus and self-control. The more you use it, the more powerful you get.

Dark powers have many different purposes. They can enhance a user's speed and strength, as well as make it easier to wield a dark metal sword. Dark powers can also enchant another creature, by looking into the soul of a user, more commonly known as looking into the eyes of the user. Goblins lack this perk because of the difference in the structure of their eyes, blocking the window to their soul. Dark powers can also be used in outwardly ways, as sparks or dark power particles can be gathered and used in potions or enhancement powders.

Divine powers have spread to the middle realm by fairies and nymphs, and are actively used by them. Divine powers emit a golden glow from a strong enough user. The most powerful users of divine powers have golden rings around their irises, and are named archangels. Fairies have never reached that kind of height of core power.

Divine powers have many different purposes. Just like the dark powers, they can enhance a user's speed and strength, and create a golden glow that is bright enough to blind an uncareful opponent. This light is known as divine brightness. Divine powers can also be gathered into the hands and used for spells and magic, a method first invented by fairies. These spells have a similar purpose to the potions mostly used by goblins. They can enhance speed of flight, capture a moment in time and paint a picture, or even teleport a user to a vague location. Just like potions, the magic used mostly by fairies is complicated and has many different purposes.

Angels, much like the demons, also have a window to their soul through their eyes. Divine powers, however, can not be used to enchant someone or control someone. Rather, they give off a very powerful and commanding wave that can force their opponent to cower, if sent out by a strong enough user.

Metals

Divine and dark powers are thought to have first come from the core of the lower and higher realms, and have slipped into the creatures through them drinking the water and eating the food grown from the ground. After thousands of years the divine and dark powers have settled into the creatures bodies permanently, and formed their outer looks to the way it is today.

Divine and dark powers come from the divine and dark metals that exist in the lower and higher realms respectively.

In the higher realm, divine metal exists under the earth, sometimes rising up as mountains above it. The metal is white, however once warmed up it turns into a more golden colour. The colour takes hundreds of years to fade from the rock, and is therefore there for a user permanently. Divine metal is heavy but strong and sharp. It rarely breaks and has a very high melting point, however once sharpened it rarely becomes dull. When used by a divine user, divine metal is lighter and easier to handle.

In the lower realm, dark metal exists in the large mountains of the northernmost parts of the realm. There, the metal is of a black colour, and it stays that colour no matter how much you warm it up. It is formed easily into different shapes, like swords, however it also grows dull very easily and requires much sharpening to stay effective. Dark metal is very heavy, and it is therefore more common for a user to carry two, lighter swords than one big sword or weapon. No matter how strong a dark user is, the metal does not grow lighter. However, the metal is easier to handle as it moves swiftly with the movement of the user.

For more information about blue powers and the blue teardrop crystal, turn to page nine...