Chapter 11 - The Dark World

"I demand to be there." Dahlia says, glaring in Odin's direction.

"Absolutely not. You and Frigga are to never see him again." He answers, looking down at her.

"Fine." She replies, turning to walk out of the throne room. He watches her go, stopping her before she can leave.

"Heimdall is under strict orders to stay silent if asked about Loki." He calls. 

Dahlia stops and glares at him over her shoulder as he smirks, thinking he'd won. As she leaves the room she smiles, knowing now is the perfect opportunity to test out the new magic Frigga had taught her.

***

Dahlia sneaks into the room, hiding behind one of the pillars. She hides near where Frigga stands as Loki is brought towards the throne in chains. Her magic is hidden from them, wrapped around herself to make her practically invisible.

"Loki." Frigga says when he stops near her.

"Hello, Mother. Have I made you proud?" He replies.

"Please, don't make this worse." She urges, silently telling him to speak the truth of his mind control. Frigga had been the first person Dahlia spoke to when they returned to Asgard, explaining that Loki's actions hadn't been his own.

"Define 'worse'." Loki says.

"Enough!" Odin shouts. "I will speak to the prisoner alone." 

Frigga turns and walks away. As she passes the pillar Dahlia hides behind, she spots her magic shimmering to hide her and smiles. She leaves, knowing Dahlia will come to her and explain what happened later.

Loki moves closer and swings his leg around to meet the other, making the chains clang loudly. He laughs and shakes his head.

"I really don't see what all the fuss is about." He says.

"Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes?" Odin asks. "Wherever you go, there is war, ruin, and death." Dahlia glares at Odin, hating him more and more as he speaks.

"I went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent god. Just like you." He answers. 

"Speak the truth." Dahlia whispers, using her magic to send her voice to him. He subtly glances around trying to find her but focuses back on Odin when he's unable to.

"We are not gods. We are born, we live, we die. Just as humans do." He tells him.

"Give or take 5,000 years." He adds.

"All this because Loki desires a throne." Odin taunts.

"It is my birthright." He replies.

"Your birthright was to die as a child." He shouts. "Cast out onto a frozen rock. If I had not taken you in, you would not be here now to hate me." Dahlia tenses, having to hold herself back so she doesn't attack the king.

"If I am for the axe, then for mercy's sake, just swing it. It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just...I don't love them." Loki says.

"Frigga is the only reason you're still alive, and you will never see her again." He tells him. "You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeons. You will also never see your precious Lady Dahlia." Loki scoffs as the guards next to him yank on the chains, pulling him back a few steps.

"And what of Thor?" He asks. "You'll make that witless oaf king while I rot in chains."

"Thor must strive to undo the damage you have done. He will bring order to the Nine Realms and then, yes...He will be king." Odin answers as the guards grab Loki's shoulders, dragging him away.