Chapter 36 - Ragnarok

"Would you stop saying that?" Bruce asks as he sits on the steps next to Thor, who had kept repeating "The sun's going down. It's getting really low."

"I just need you to stay calm." He replies.

"Calm? I'm on an alien planet!" He scoffs.

"It's just a planet. You've been on a planet before." Thor tells him.

"Yeah. One." He says.

"When we get back to Earth, you can tell everyone you've been to two planets!" Dahlia exclaims, sitting on his other side.

"It's a good thing. It's a new experience." Thor adds.

"Oh, my God. My neurons, they're firing faster than my brain can handle the information. The whole thing is totally different this time. In the past, I always felt like Hulk and I each had a hand on the wheel. But this time, it's like he had the keys to the car, and I was locked in the trunk." He explains.

"All right, well, you're back now. That's all that matters." He tells him.

"If it helps, Hulk seemed happy." Dahlia says.

"What I'm trying to tell you two, is that if I turn into the Hulk again, Banner may never come back. And we're stranded on a planet that is designed to stress me out." Bruce exclaims.

"We're not stranded. I'm gonna figure out a way to get us home." Thor assures him.

"Thank you." He replies. 

"Not your home, though. Asgard. My home." He says.

"Thor!" Dahlia scolds.

"What?" Bruce asks.

"Listen, my people are in great danger. You have to help us fight this really powerful being who also happens to be my sister." He explains.

"Okay, that is so wrong on so many-I don't wanna fight your sister. That's a family issue." He scoffs.

"Exactly, Thor, you can't keep trying to force people into helping us." Dahlia says.

"No, she's an evil being." He argues.

"I don't care what she is. I'm not fighting any more beings. I'm sick of it." He tells him.

"What?" Thor asks.

"I just told you. If I turn into the Hulk, I am never gonna come back again. And you don't care." He says.

"I care. You're my friend." Dahlia assures him, squeezing his arm.

"I know." He tells her, patting her hand.

"No, no. I'm putting together the team. The Hulk is the fire." He replies. Dahlia groans, massaging her temples as she listens to Thor.

"Wait, you're just using me to get to the Hulk. That's gross." He scoffs.

"What? No!" He exclaims.

"You don't care about me. You're not my friend." Bruce says.

"No! I don't even like the Hulk. He's all like 'Smash, smash, smash'. I prefer you." He tells him.

"Thanks." He replies.

"But if I'm being honest, when it comes to fighting evil beings, he is very powerful and useful." He continues. Dahlia glares at him, using her magic to pinch his arm.

"Yeah, Banner's powerful and useful, too." He scoffs.

"Is he, though?" Thor asks. 

"Okay, how many PhDs does Hulk have? Zero. How many PhDs does Banner have? Seven." He tells him.