Chapter 43 - Infinity War (Loki)

Loki wakes for the second time alone. He wanders the ship but doesn't find any of the people who had been around before. He finds the lowered ramp and summons daggers in each hand before descending, unsure what he'd find.

"Stark?" He scoffs, dismissing his weapons. He spots Tony and a few other people from Earth walking around with the people whose ship he'd just exited.

"Loki? You're alive?" He asks, shocked to see him. 

"Obviously." He snaps. "Where is my wife? Is she safe?" 

"I wouldn't exactly describe her as fine, but she's safe. She's on Earth." Tony answers, momentarily shocked from him calling Dahlia his wife. 

"What did you do? Why isn't she fine?" He questions, glaring at the man.

"She thinks you're dead, dipshit. Thor, too, but he's alive." He scoffs. 

"You two know each other?" Peter Parker asks, looking between the two.

"Yeah, he tried to kill me. On multiple occasions." He tells him.

"Oh, get over it." Loki scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Describe Dahlia. How was she behaving? Was she playing with her dress? She does that when she's anxious. Was-"

"God, it's weird seeing you show emotion." Tony says, staring at him. Loki glares and he shakes his head. "We have more pressing concerns."

"I don't. Answer my questions." He demands, summoning his dagger to show he's not joking. Tony sighs, knowing they won't be able to talk about anything else until he answers his questions.

"She was clearly in shock. She didn't react to anything going on around her, and I had to shake her pretty hard to get her to realize I was talking to her. That was the last I saw her, I'm sure she's fine now." He tells him, pushing past him to join the others. Loki curses before following.

"What the hell happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place." Peter Quill says, using a device to find out more information about Titan. Loki only half pays attention as they talk, focusing more on his magic as he tries to somehow reach Dahlia, desperate to know she's all right.

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it." Tony replies. "All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet." Drax yawns. "Are you yawning? In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?"

"I stopped listening after you said, 'We need a plan'." He answers.

"Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page." He scoffs.

"See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do." Quill replies.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter Parker asks.

"Kick names, take ass." Mantis says.

"Yeah, that's right." Drax agrees. Loki sighs, knowing they're doomed if they can't get a simple saying correct.

"All right, just get over here please." Tony announces after taking a calming breath. "Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?"

"'Mr. Lord'. Star-Lord is fine." Quill tells him. He nods his head to the others, telling them to join. Loki reluctantly joins them as well, knowing working together is his best chance to reunite with his wife.

"We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude-" Tony starts to say.

"Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means." He interrupts. Loki groans, looking around for Seraphina. "All right, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plan, and that way it might be really good."