Chapter 21 - Age of Ultron

"What is this place?" Thor asks as the group walks up the front steps of the house. 

"Safe house." Tony replies. 

"Let's hope." Barton replies as he grabs the door handle.

"Where are we?" Dahlia asks, tightening her hold on Tony's arm. He pats her hand as they follow Barton and Natasha, quietly describing the house.

"Honey? I'm home." He calls. "Hi. Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead." He tells the pregnant women who enters the room. She kisses him and hugs him.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony says.

"Gentlemen, Dahlia, this is Laura." He introduces.

"I know all of your names." Laura chuckles. Tony lifts a hand to wave as footsteps approach.

"Ooh. Incoming." Barton says, crouching to catch the kids as they run towards him.

"These are smaller agents." Tony tells them as Barton hugs and kisses his kids.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" The little girl asks.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha teases.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve tells Laura.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony adds. Dahlia pinches his arm as she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D.s' files. I'd like to keep it that way, just like you do with Dahlia." Barton replies.

"She's the sister I never had." Tony jokes, moving to ruffle her hair. Before he can, she snatches his wrist and twists just enough to get him to stop. 

 "I figure it's a good place to lay low." He finishes.

Tony passes Dahlia off to Thor so he can talk to Bruce. Barton's daughter approaches the two Asgardians and looks up at them.

"Are you aliens?" She asks, looking at their armor and touching Dahlia's skirt. Thor quickly walks away, and the others watch him leave, Steve following behind. 

"I am an alien. I'm from a place called Asgard." She explains as the girl takes her hand and moves towards the couch.

"I like your accent." She giggles.

"Thank you, I-ouch." She says, hitting her shin into the coffee table.

"Didn't you see it, silly!" She tells her, sitting on the couch. 

"Lila!" Laura scolds, knowing that Dahlia is blind. Dahlia waves her hand dismissively as she finds a seat next to the girl.

"It's all right. People have said much worse." She replies. She turns towards Lila. "I didn't see the table because I can't see anything. Well, I can see shadows, but-That doesn't matter. It can be confusing for kids. I'm blind."

"Oh. Is it hard?" She asks.

"Yes and no. There are some challenges that come with being blind, but I've got a really great family to help me. I used to have magic to help me too." She tells the girl.

"Magic?" She gasps. She laughs and nods.

"Yes. I don't...I don't use it anymore, so I can't show you, but I'm sure Tony has some cool tech to show you." She says. Lila gasps and rushes towards Tony, asking him about his gadgets.

Dahlia feels Tony glaring at her and laughs, waving in his direction and smiling at him. He rolls his eyes but focuses his attention on the girl's questions.