Chapter 38 - Ragnarok

"I never thought I'd be back here." Valkyrie says.

"Me too." Dahlia adds.

"I thought it'd be a lot nicer." Bruce tells them. "I mean, not that it's not nice. It's just, it's on fire."

"Here, up here in the mountains. Heat signatures. People clustered together. She's coming for them." Valkyrie announces.

"Okay, drop me off at the palace and I'll draw her away." Thor says.

"And get yourself killed?" She replies.

"You can't be serious." Dahlia scoffs.

"The people trapped down there are all that matters." He tells them.

"Your life is not worth less than theirs. Let one of us come with you." She says.

"No. While I'm dealing with Hela, I need you three to help get everyone off Asgard." Thor replies. She sighs, knowing there's no changing his mind.

"How the hell are we supposed to do that?" Bruce asks.

"I have a man on the ground." He answers. They land near the palace and Thor disappears for a few moments. He returns and slides a gun onto the ship. "Now the ship has a gun."

"I'll take it from here." Valkyrie tells him.

"I found this in the armory. Good luck." He says, setting the armor down before heading back towards the palace.

"Your Majesty...don't die." She calls as Bruce begins flying the ship into the air. "You know what I mean."

"Yes, be careful Thor!" Dahlia adds.

They fly away and Valkyrie prepares. She changes into her new armor and fixes the gun to the ship. They reach the bridge and spot Heimdall leading the people across it. Hela's wolf and army block their way. The people turn back and the wolf charges. Valkyrie fires, stopping the wolf from getting closer as the people are stopped on the other side by the rest of Hela's army and her executioner.

"Heimdall!" The executioner shouts. "The sword!"

"Get me closer." Dahlia tells Bruce. He moves closer while keeping the ship steady so Valkyrie can continue shooting the wolf. Dahlia jumps, dropping down next to her father.

"Nice of you to join us." He says. She summons her sword and they both raise their weapons as the wolf charges towards them. Dahlia winces as Bruce slams into the bridge in front of them. The wolf sniffs him and growls before running towards them again. Just as it reaches them, Hulk yanks it backwards by its tail.

The two begin to fight, falling off the side of the bridge. Valkyrie flies the ship around as Hela's undead climb onto it and begin destroying it. Heimdall and Dahlia fight side by side until the creatures manage to get between them and split them up. Heimdall is knocked to the ground and the creature raises his sword.

"I'm Korg. This is Miek. We're gonna jump on that spaceship and get out of here. Wanna come?" Korg tells him after shooting the creature.

"Your savior is here!" Loki announces as the ship approaches. Dahlia laughs, cutting through more of the undead. "Did you miss me?" He asks the crowd. "Everyone, on that ship now."

"Welcome home. I saw you coming." Heimdall tells him as he joins them.

"Of course you did." He replies. He turns to Dahlia and cups her face.

"I knew you were coming, too." She says. He chuckles.

"You did, did you?" He asks. She nods.

"Of course. I know you better than anyone." She tells him. He smiles and kisses her before they join the others in the fight. The couple smiles as Thor blasts Hela with a large blast of lightning before joining the fight.