Chapter 14 - The Dark World

Dahlia wakes to Loki stroking her cheek. She sits up, resting her hand on his chest. They'd fallen asleep leaning against the wall after they'd argued about her staying with him and after he'd destroyed the cell, grieving for his mother.

"Dahlia, my love. It's time to go." He tells her. She pulls away and glares at him.

"I told you, I'm not-" She starts.

"We're both leaving. My brother needs our help." He interrupts, having already discussed it with Thor.

"What?" She asks, confused. Thor chuckles, opening the cell and pulling her to her feet. Loki rolls his eyes and stands, looping Dahlia's arm through his before his brother has the chance to. Thor looks away, hiding his amusement at Loki's jealousy.

***

"This is so unlike you, brother. So clandestine. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just punch your way out?" Loki taunts as they walk through the halls.

"Play nice." Dahlia scolds, squeezing his arm.

"If you keep speaking, I just might." Thor replies, glancing at his brother.

"Fine. As you wish. I'm not even here." He says. He shifts his appearance to one of the guards. "Is this better?" He asks. Dahlia shakes her head, slightly amused by his antics.

"It's better company at least." He tells him. She sighs, knowing the brothers will continue to rile each other up no matter what she says.

"Perhaps you prefer one of your new companions given that you seem to like them so much." Loki replies, transforming himself into Steve Rogers. "Oh, this is much better. The costume is a bit much. So tight. But the confidence...I can feel the righteousness surging." He lets go of Dahlia's arm and spins around to walk backwards. "Hey, do you want to have a rousing discussion about truth? Honor? Patriotism? God bless Amer-"

He's cut off as Thor covers his mouth with one hand, the other grabbing Dahlia's arm. He drags them with him, pinning Loki to the pillar and hiding Dahlia behind them.

"What?" Loki asks, reverting back to his regular form. He follows Thor's gaze, finding two guards walking away from them. "You could at least furnish me with a weapon. My dagger, something." Thor digs into his robes and Loki smirks. "At last. A little common sense." The smirk drops as he looks down and finds his wrists bound.

"And I thought you liked tricks." Thor tells him, chuckling as he leads the way.

"He got you." Dahlia says, following after Thor. Loki smiles before following, proud of Thor's trick even though he'd never admit it.

They reach the meeting place and Thor removes his cloak, revealing his armor. He quickly and quietly explains the plan to Dahlia, keeping an eye on Loki as he messes with the bindings around his wrist. 

After a while, Dahlia hears footsteps as Sif brings Jane to their location. She smiles, pulling her friend into a hug.

"You're..." Jane says, trailing off as she approaches them.

"I'm Loki, you may have heard of me." He introduces. She slaps him.

"That was for New York." She tells him.

"I like her." Loki tells his brother. Thor ignores him and Loki rolls his eyes. He nudges Dahlia, silently asking why she had nothing to say about Jane slapping him. She raises an eyebrow at him, knowing that as long as he doesn't admit the truth about what happened on Earth, she won't defend him. He sighs, but reaches down to squeeze her hand, letting her know that he understands.

"There they are! Take them." A guard shouts as they spot the group.

"I'll hold them off. Take her." Sif says.