Chapter 31 - Ragnarok

"Where are we? I thought you wanted to find father." Loki scoffs as Thor leads him towards the house. Thor rolls his eyes at his brother, ignoring him as he unlocks the door with his key. 

The two enter and find Dahlia sitting at the table, laughing at something Pietro had said as he sets their breakfast on the table. He rests his hand on her shoulder as he tells her what's on the plate.

Before he knows what he's doing, Loki has entered the house, grabbed Pietro, and slammed him into the wall. He glares at the stranger as he pins him, hating the sight of another man touching Dahlia.

"What the hell? Piet?" She asks as she stands.

"A little help would be nice." He gasps, trying to free himself. 

"Let him go." Thor scolds, pulling Loki off him.

"What is going on? Why did you just slam Pietro into the wall?" Dahlia demands as Pietro rushes behind her.

"That was not me." He scoffs.

"Then what the hell happened?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at him.

"My idiot brother, that's what happened." He mutters. She shakes her head and takes a step back, bumping into Pietro. 

"I think it's really him." He whispers, squeezing her shoulders. Loki glares at him and takes another step forward. He quickly raises his hand and takes a step back.

"It can't be." Dahlia says, shaking her head. Thor waves Pietro over and the two head outside to give them privacy.

"It is. I'm here. And so are you." Loki tells her as he approaches, his jealousy quickly replaced by sadness and relief. He gently takes her hands and brings them to his face so she can feel him. Tears fill her eyes as she realizes that he's really alive and here.

"Why are you crying?" She whispers, feeling his own tears under her fingertips. He wraps his arms around her and buries his face in her neck, needing to hold her. Dahlia holds him tightly, her sadness and anger at him faking his death replaced with relief that he's alive.

"I thought you were dead." He says, pulling back to cup her face.

"Now you know how I felt." She replies.

"I don't like it." He replies, resting his forehead to hers. Dahlia chuckles and brings her hand to his face, stroking his cheek.

"So you won't be faking your death again?" She asks.

"I promise." Loki assures her. "I love you."

"I love you too." She tells him. He kisses her and she sighs, holding him closer.

"Now that we know we're alive, what the hell was that?" She asks, raising her eyebrow at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He lies. 

"So you didn't just slam Pietro to the wall?" Dahlia scoffs, pinching his arm.

"Oh, that." He says. "Who is this Pietro anyway?" 

"Are you jealous?" She teases.

"What? Of course not. I don't get jealous." He lies.

"So if I asked him to come back in here, you wouldn't try to kill him?" She asks.

"I make no promises." Loki tells her. She chuckles and kisses him again, running her fingers through his hair.

"He's my brother. I saved his life and we've been inseparable since. Especially since he hasn't been getting along with his twin. They haven't quite figured out how to live their lives separately but stay in each other's life yet. It's caused a lot of arguments." She explains.