Chapter 22: Sticky Situation

[ 3rd Person ]

Kane placed some blueprints to Lego's suit on his desk for the Safe Place crew to see.

Kane: And here's the blueprints!

Mindy: This looks great! It's much more organized than we did on the ship!

Outside of the room, Winona placed her head against the door, listening to their conversation.

She glared at the door Kane told not to enter.

Winona: I wonder what he's hiding..

=====================

Walking in the room, it looked like a relatively small lab. With beakers, testubes, and other laboratory equipments on the counters as well as scrap metal in the corner of the room.

Winona: Huh.

Was all she had to say about the room that Kane didn't let anyone enter.

As she opened the door on her left, she saw a dimly lit room, with stone walls.

The curious wolf decided to explore the temple.

=========================

While exploring the place, she noticed that there were alot of spider webs.

As she turned a corner, she saw a humanoid spider, or that's what she saw.

The humanoid spider walked closer to the wolf, revealing soulless black eyes, with glowing white pupils. The spider was infected.

Winona ran back with the spider chasing right behind her using her spider webs.

She realized her gun wasn't with her.

Right.

It's with the cop.

=========================
[ Paxton's Point Of View ]

While I was sitting on a couch, I questioned what happened to the Safe Place crew's families.

Is it my buisness knowing about that?

No, not at all.

But, is it worth knowing?

Probably not.

But I still decided to ask anyway, 'cause there is nothing to really do while waiting for Lego's suit to be upgraded.

Pax: Hey, Kreek.

Kreek: Yeah?

Pax: What happened to your family before the infection?

He sort of.. paused before replying.

Kreek: Well, my parents divorced when I was a kid, and now I don't know where any of them are now.

Pax: Oh, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable..

Kreek: It's fine. After all, it's all in the past.

Pax: Right.

I felt a sort of.. guilt for even asking him that.

Lego: Pax, are you okay?

He silently tapped on my shoulder. I was startled, quickly turning around, and ultimately falling.