Chapter 5

We were walking through an open field when we stopped at the edge of the rail road tracks

I tap Daryl's arm an he looks over at me.

"What?"

I point at the large sign that says
TERMINUS.

Daryl looks over to Joe an points at the sign.

"Ya seen this before?"
Joe looks up from the ground.

"Oh, yeah. I'll tell you what it is. It's a lie. Ain't no sanctuary for all. Ain't gonna welcome people like us with open arms."

He dramatically states as he walks around us to go to the tracks.

I can see the look of disbelief on Daryl's face. I elbow him an nod my head forward telling him to go.

By the look on his face I can tell he's trying to muster up some sort of plan, now what that plan ultimately means and or involves I have no idea. All I know is that the first chance I get. I'm getting my shit an getting gone.
I'm past having enough of people being around me.

Daryl walks on up the tracks an catches up to Joe.

Joe starts going on about how some guy was Hol up in a house a while back, strangled one of his guys named Lou.

Lie.

I'm not sure if Daryl picked up on it or not but seems his little leader Joe is up to nothing nice an something in my gut tells me that there's a whole lot more to the story than some random guy at a house trying to taken em out.

As we are walking up the track one of the guys named Tony spots something on the side of the tracks, before he has a chance to say anything Daryl speaks up.

"Claimed."

I look over to see what it is an notice it's a small wild bush of strawberries. He looks at me an plucks one off and hands it to me.
" 'ere"
I reach my hand out and he sets it down gently.

"Eat"

I look at him sternly but nod.

Just cause I don't feel like communicating doesn't mean I'm a dog. Damn. "Eat" who does he think he is commanding me.

Without thinking I plop the strawberry in my mouth.

As the night settled we came across a back road about a mile from the tracks.