Chapter 15

I don't know how long I sat there holding him for but I knew it was time to start back towards the group.

"Daryl?" I say pulling him back from my chest raising his face to meet mine, he looks at me with eyes filled with sadness.

"We got to get back an find somewhere to hold up for the night alright?"

He nods an I move back allowing him to get up, he stands up an I turn around to head back when he grabs my wrist pulling me into a hug.

"Anna?" he says looking down at me our eyes meeting in a desperate glare. "Yes?" I answer while looking down at the ground meanwhile my heart feels like it's beating out of my chest.

I've never been nervous around him before, but I'm not sure if its because I know about the conversation between him and Carol or the fact that I've actually got feelings for Daryl.

"What?" Daryl says with a confused look on his face.

"Ya have feelings for me?" He says while brushes his hands behind my neck causing me to look at him.

"Did I say that out loud?" I say looking at him a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

He nods his head an I just stare at him taking in all his features from his hair that falls into his face to the shoes laces wrapped around his pants leg.

"Anna do ya got feelings for me?" He asks dragging me back to reality.

I look him deep in his eyes.

"Yes, I do Daryl an I know its terrible timing given everything that has happened an how you are feeling an I wasn't even going to tell you yet until I was sure you felt the exact same way given the fact that-"

Daryl interrupted my rambling by leaning down an pressing a kiss onto my lips, his hand moved from the back of my neck to the back of my head while his other hand made its way down to the small of my back pulling me in closer to him.

This feeling in my heart, I've never felt it before.

My heart feels likes its being turned from the Embers it once was to a roaring flame of passion.

I deepened the kiss with desperation an longing, running hands up his chest to the sides of his face pulling us apart for the air my lungs called out for.

"why did you do that?" I ask.

He brushed the hair out of my face an said.

"Anna I've wanted ya since the moment I saw ya. I just didn't know how to tell ya."

I just thought he has liked me since Atlanta I had no idea its been for this long.

"So what does this mean for us Daryl?"

He leans down so close my ear that I can feel his warm breath on my neck.

"It means your mine."

I pull back looking up at him.

"I can live with that." I choke out.

--

We arrive back at the group who were waiting for us on the road. Rick walks up to us an hands Daryl a note that says 'From a friend', Daryl looks it over an hands it to me.

"What ya think Anna?"

I look at him an then look at the paper an say.

"Well I personally wouldn't trust it, I mean given all that we've been through it could very well be a trap. What did they leave?" I ask looking at Rick.

Rick along with the rest of the group looked at me with shocked expressions.

Oh yeah I forgot I don't usually talk.

Oops.

"They left water." He deadpans.

Daryl takes off his crossbow an pulls me behind him causing Carol to give me a small smirk an me to return the smirk with an eyeroll.

"What else are we gonna do?" Tara asks Rick.

"Not this, we don't know who left it." Rick states to the group.

I walk over to the bottles of water on the ground an I pick one up taking a look at it.

"If its a trap, we're already screwed." Eugene says as he walks over to me an grabs the bottle out of my hands, "Well I for one would like to think its from a friend." He puts the bottle to his lips an I slap it out of his hand.

"Are you fucking stupid." I spat at Eugene.

Everyone looks at me. "It could be poisoned we don't know."

"We can't" Rick says.

I walk back over to Daryl taking off my bow as I look around the area for whoever could have left these bottles.

I hear thunder brewing in the sky an rain starts to pour as everyone jumps around excited an pouring out bottles to fill them with rain water, I look over at Daryl seeing the look on his face. I place my hand on his arm as I take my jacket off throwing it over his head, I lift my head up to his ear an whisper.

"Its ok, I don't like the rain either." He looks down an me an an pulls me into a hug causing everyone to stare.

"How'd ya know?" He asks searching my eyes.

I lay my head on his chest wrapping my arms around him.

"I know more about you than you think Daryl Dixon."

He smirks while leaning down an placing a small kiss on my head.

--

WORD COUNT:1067

A/N

HEY YA'LL I KNOW THIS IS KINDA A SHORT CHAPTER, BUT I WANTED TO GIVE YA'LL SOMETHING BECAUSE I DIDN'T POST YESTERDAY PLUS WE HIT A HUGE MILESTONE IN ANNA AN DARYL'S RELATIONSHIP!!!!! NEXT UP IS ALEXANDRIA. HOW DO YALL FEEL ABOUT THE STORY SO FAR? IS THERE ANY EVENTS THAT YOU ARE EXCITED TO READ ABOUT? ALSO WHAT IS YOUR FAV PART IN THE BOOK THUS FAR?

I LOVE YOU GUYS AN I'D REALLY LIKE TO HEAR FROM YA'LL - ANNA