Chapter 18

I enter the barn to see Rick holding Judith, an Aaron tied to a post. I walk over not saying anything as I take off my bow setting it down next to my pack.
"Anna." Rick says in a stern voice causing me to look back at him from over my shoulder.
"Mm?" I respond making him shift in a slightly aggravated motion, not wanting him to pop a blood vessel I straighten myself up an I turn to face him.

"Look I'm sorry about how I stormed off an how I snapped at you, it wasn't mature an it damn sure wasn't necessary. I know you are only looking out for my wellbeing." Letting sincerity fill my facial expressions.

Rick looks at me before setting Judith down, he walks over to me placing his hand on my shoulder pulling me into a hug. "You're family, if you need to talk I'm here, alright?" I pull away an nod my head as I'm walking over to Judith to pick her up when Aaron perks up.

"When the world was still the world, I worked for an NGO. Our mission was to deliver medicine an lend food to the Niger River Delta. Bad people pointed guns in my face every other week. You're not bad people, your not going to kill us, and we are definitely not going to kill you." That last sentence makes Rick an I make eye contact before Rick deadpans "Just because we're good people doesn't mean we won't kill you. If the five of them aren't back in an hour, Imma let her put an arrow in your skull." Rick finishes as he motions towards me. I walk over handing Judith back to Rick before sitting down infront if Aaron.

"So who punched you?" I ask looking at his goose egg that is forming on the side of his face. Aaron looks at me an nods his head towards Rick who is currently trying to find something for Judith to eat as she screams at the top of her lungs. I stand up an I walk over to Rick taking Judith an doing my best to sooth her. "Rick I don't think those acorns are going to do anything for her, she needs something substantial." Rick looks over at me. "Anna we don't have much of a choice here do we." I walk over towards the barn doors while rocking Judith an taking small glances outside to make sure the noise isn't drawing any unnecessary attention.

"You did see the jar of applesauce in my bag, right?" Aaron asks towards Rick who is still trying to grind up the acorns.
"This isn't a trick. This isn't about trying to make you like me. It's self preservation. Because-''

"We get the damn point Aaron" I snap as I cut him off, walking over to Rick handing him Judith an reaching over to grab the jar of applesauce off the mix-shift table. I examine it an I open it hearing the distinct pop sound from the lid. I walk back over to Aaron and I squat down infront of him taking a big ole spoon full of apple sauce an shoving it near his mouth.
"If it's not a trick than eat it." I demand, Aaron looks at me then down at the spoon with a shocked face "I'm tied up and you've already expressed a willingness to kill me. How would cruelly killing a baby in front of you in anyway help my situation?"  I lean in really close to Aaron's face and in my most coldest voice say "Aaron if you don't eat this goddamn applesauce I will slit your throat an add you to the walker decor that's outside." Watching the color drain from his face he eats the applesauce, I walk over to Rick shoving a spoon full of the baby food into my mouth. "It's okay, do you want me to feed her or do you got it?" I ask Rick offering up the Jar.  "I got it, thank you." He replies as I nod an walk towards the door. "Imma go look around an see if I can find anyone from the group, if I'm not back in ten I'm dead." I say to Rick as I pick up my bow slinging it over my shoulder.

As I'm walking towards the end of the road way I see a huge RV making its way in my direction, I raise my hand flagging it down seeing that Daryl is driving. he stops the RV an I open the door, exposing a mountain of canned food propped on the table and all throughout the cabinets. "Holy Shit!" I exclaim as I hop into the RV taking a seat next to Carl.