Chapter 8

We'd been walking for hours now at this point

  We'd been walking for hours now at this point. Everyone is sweating an slightly agitated.
I know, I for one am over-tired.
None of us aside from Judith has slept since Terminus.

I guess almost becoming someone's next meal kinda eats you up inside - haha pun intended.
Sorry I know it's not funny, but I mean come on, the irony of what just happened. They were literally almost eaten by walkers and humans in the same day.
Eh, maybe I'm just one for the dark humor.

While we are walking down the road a walker starts to stumble out of the tree line.

"I got 'em." Daryl deadpans.

Just as he was about to load his crossbow, I've already drawn back and shot the walker in the head with my arrow, I walk over to the dead woman on the ground and I reach down an rip my arrow out of her skull.

Turning around to walk back to the group on the road, I look up to see Daryl holding his arms out waving them around in a "what the fuck" motion.
I follow his gaze back to the walker, then to my arrow that I'm now cleaning in my hands, I just look back up at him and shrug him off while walking past him.

After walking for a few more hours we decide to set up camp, an take a breather for the night.

While everyone sat by the fire, Daryl skinned some squirrels he killed earlier, while people just talked an started to relax while we had the chance.

I was warming my hands when I felt a small tap on my shoulder, I look up an see Rick.
He motions his head in the opposite direction of the fire an I nod agreeing to follow him.

When we get enough distance from the others between us he starts to talk in the softest voice.

"I owe you everything. What you did risking your life to save ours, when you've only just met us. Thank you."

I look at him putting a firm hand on his shoulder an nodded.

Once everyone had ate and started to settle down. Daryl states he's gonna take first watch in which Rick agreed.

I walk over to my pack trying desperately to fluff it, so I can use it for some comfort for my head.
After about thirty minutes of tossing an turning. I decided to get up and walk over to where Daryl is sitting next to a tree while on watch.

Quietly I walk up stopping only inches behind him, slowly reaching out to tap him on the shoulder, when just before I make contact he speaks.

"What ya need Anna?"

Creepy but I'll roll with it.

I walk up beside him plopping down an resting my head against the tree.

"Can't sleep can ya?"

I turn my head to look at him an nod.

"Come 'ere." He grumbles while tapping his lap.