Oasis Maker -63-

"Mrah... I don't want any more of your moldy crackers... Myah..." Grim mumbled in his sleep as he kicked one of his paws into your ankle. You furrowed your eyebrows, slowly sitting up to send a look down to the cat. Leaning over, you gently began to nudge him awake. "Grim. Grim~. Grim, wake up."

Slowly, the cat's eyes creeped open, staying in slits to protect from the harsh light of the sun. "Ngh... I just had the worst dream." He confessed slowly. You smiled, already guessing as to what it may be. Unfortunately, before Grim could certify your theory, the door slammed open and a Scarabia student walked in with a scowl on their face and clothing under his left arm.

They glared at you, putting his hands on his hips. "How long are you two going to sleep? On your feet, now!" They chastised. Grim's, who had suddenly sprung up at the sudden noise, eyes widened. "Mrow?! What now?! Wait, it's only 6 a.m." He cried in disdain.

Sassily rolling his eyes, the male looked back to the feline in annoyance. "We're marching ten kilometers to the eastern oasis!" He explained rather aggressively. "You expect us to trudge that far through sand that's hard to walk on as it is? Why should we?" Grim bit back with a scrunched up nose.

Glaring back at him, the student replied with, "Because the housewarden said so. Now stop whining and come on!" The student suddenly turned to you. "Vice-warden Jamil has made sure to supply you with clothes for today. Here." They said before passing you the stack of clothes from under his arm and leaving without so much as a goodbye.

You looked down at the clothes with surprise. It close to your normal uniform, a white undershirt, black skirt, black and white striped tie, and long socks. However, there was one difference. The vest wasn't a sky blue color, but rather the Scarabia's maroon red color.

"Huh. Well that was nice of him." You mumbled before standing up to go into the bathroom. Leaving Grim on the bed, he flopped over and began to roll around while complaining. "Myaaah! I don't wanna!"

Soon enough, you were dressed and dragging Grim outside of the Scarabia dormitory and into the large herd of students standing in the sands of the desert. Kalim, with a stiff frown on his face, pointed behind himself. "Now march to the eastern oasis! This will help strengthen your legs. If I see anyone break formation, they'll be punished later!" He threatened before leading the parade of students.

There were several tired and annoyed groans, but overall, they followed Kalim like lost puppies. Setting Grim down, he grumpily began walking in front of you. "How'd I get dragged into this?" He grumbled to himself. "Less talking, more marching! Move out!" The housewarden called back.

Pursing your lips, you trudged ahead. "I see he still hasn't calmed down." You mumbled lowly. Unknowingly to you, the long haired brunet coming up from behind smirked in amusement before making his face stoic yet again. "Y/N," he called as he came up to your side, "I hope the night was enjoyable for you. Everything was to your liking I hope." Jamil said as he began to walk next to you with his hands folded behind his back.

You looked over, blinking at his sudden appearance. "Oh, good morning, Jamil. Yeah, I slept pretty well, thanks for asking. Also, thank you for the clothes." You said, sending him a grateful smile. The brunet let out a small grin. "Ah, it was my pleasure." He then looked up in front of him, peering at you from the side of his eye with a small smirk. "Although, I must say, red certainly suits you."

Blinking owlishly, your cheeks flushed. "Oh, thank you." You bubbled out. Before Jamil could respond, Grim whipped his head around to glare him. "Also, we're bein' held hostage!" He cried. Tilting his head to the side, Jamil raised an eyebrow at Grim. "Oh? And why do you say that?" He questioned, a knowing gleam in his eyes.