Chapter 29

"all your love it keeps me safe,all your love completes me,all your love it makes me stay,you're the love i needed

all your love completes me,
all your love it makes me stay,
you're the love i needed."
- All Your Love (feat. Dustin Tebbutt), Flight Facilities

I've tried to pass it off as a crush, I've tried to pass it off as frivolous. I've quashed it and tried not to acknowledge it. But now I can deny it no longer.

I'm in love with Shane Walsh.

I know this with absolute certainty. It screams so loudly in my head, I'm worried someone will hear. And I've loved him for a while.

While part of me is scared to death, another part of me loves that I love Shane. It's a beautiful thing, finding such a special connection while the world falls apart around us. But now I have so much more to lose.

I want him to know, regardless of whether he feels the same or not. I know I have to tell him, l just don't know how. There's a small fear that he doesn't feel the same and while I'm okay if he doesn't, gosh I hope he does.

The more I think about it, the more I believe this was an inevitable development, on my part at least. I have been falling for him a little more each and every day, since we met. His handsome face, his good heart, his sweet soul, his protectiveness. Altogether, it makes for one very attractive man.

Even his back is sexy as hell.

I stare at the object of my affection as I follow him, Rick and Lori up to the house, to find any indication on Hershel's whereabouts. I push my rapture to the back of my mind and focus on this new, potentially serious situation.

No one has seen Hershel for a couple of hours.

Maggie shows us to his bedroom and the deputies investigate.

Hershel's closet door has been left open and a box of his wife's things left on his bed. His wife..

One of the walkers we shot this morning.

"Looks like he found an old friend." Shane comments, picking up a flask from the dresser drawer.

"No.. He never allowed alcohol in the house." Maggie replies. Glenn hovers close by her.

"So if he wanted some.. where would he go?" Rick asks.

Maggie's gaze drifts as she gives thought to Ricks question. "The Carriage Bar." she answers. "He practically lived there in his drinking days."

"I know where that is." Glenn says.

"Okay. Glenn, you and me, let's go." Rick states.

"No." Maggie stands in front of Glenn, her hand on his chest to stop him from leaving.

"Maggie.." Rick starts and she turns to him. "I'll bring him back." he promises with a light laugh, trying to keep things calm.

Shane and I follow Rick and Lori out of the room while Glenn says goodbye to Maggie.