Chapter 37

"with everything on the line,watch the world ignite,this is a revolution,we're rising up

watch the world ignite,
this is a revolution,
we're rising up."
- Revolution (feat. Ruelle), UNSECRET

Before we hit the road, Shane discusses his theory with everyone. Well, our theory, he insists.

Everyone agrees on stopping in Colombus on our way to Fort Benning. The potential for multiple obstacles is high, but it's worth a shot.

It takes us a few days but eventually, we make it to Columbus. It's early afternoon when we stop at the City Mills Hotel by the Chattahoochee River. Everyone gets out of our cars and we look down the street in front of us.

18th Street. And just under a kilometre down 18th Street; Piedmont Columbus Regional. It's a huge campus, with multiple buildings. A clinic, a specialty hospital, a cancer centre and a disease centre.

Now the question is, if any doctors still remain.

At the hotel, the roaring of the river provides an excellent sound cover for us. We clear and secure the ground and first floor of the hotel and move ourselves in.

There's not much left to raid in any of the mini fridges of the rooms, so Glenn, Maggie, Shane and I go downstairs in search of the kitchen. We hit the jackpot with canned foods and biscuits. And alcohol. We take back all we can to the first floor.

Daryl goes out to take a scope of Piedmont and Carol joins him. Hershel raids the first aid kits, grabs some alcohol and tends to Dale.

Carl happily jumps back and forth between the twin beds in one of the hotel rooms, making me laugh.

And then I end up joining him.

We laugh our heads off until Shane and Rick enter the room, smiling at us.

"Havin' fun?" Shane asks. He frowns but he can't shake the amused smirk from his mouth.

"Loads." I say. I stop bouncing but stay sanding on the bed as I smile down at him. "Care to join?"

Shane approaches the bed with a sly smirk. "Maybe later, just you and me. Only more horizontal and less clothes."

I bite my bottom lip and let out a little giggle at his words as he comes to a stop in front of me.

"Okay, can we keep it G rated in here please?" Rick says, flicking a glance at Carl.

"That was G rated." Shane states. "He's not even listening."

"No, but I am." Rick replies, making me laugh some more.

I look down at Shane, resting my hands on his shoulders, making sure to stay clear of his healing injury. "How's the wound?" I ask him.