023; okay, cry

mastermind mastermind mastermind

mastermind
mastermind
mastermind

-
"OKAY HEAR ME OUT." gracie started when she walked into matt's room unannounced. it was the middle of the day and he was still asleep. she felt bad waking him up but then again she also wanted to see him before she had to go to work.

"nope." he grabbed a pillow and put it over his head as he turned so his back was facing her. "too early."

"matt sweetie it's twelve," she sighed. "and c'mon i'm bored and i feel like i'm hard core fourth wheeling out there since nick's out with laura." she groaned and matt only mumbled out some response.

"what?" she asked when she heard nothing. the pillow was muffling his voice and all she heard was straight up gibberish.

"i said 'sweetie' was crazy."  he lifted the pillow and she just laughed, approaching the bed and shaking his shoulder softly.

"can you at least move over?" she asked and he sighed dramatically, officially awake but wanting to mess with her.

"no."

"matt."

"okay." he rolled over in his bed to the other side to allow her to plop down next to him, grabbing the remote to his tv on the way down.

"yay." she stated when he uncovered the pillow from his face and found her happily scrolling through the tv to see what to watch.

"is it really twelve?" he asked when he noticed she was already ready for the day and she nodded, scorching close to the boy. "what time do you work?" he asked and she looked down at her watch.

"three, i have time it's not that far from here."

"oh yeah i know."

"i figured, with that addiction you got with their mac and cheese." she snorted as she settled on opening hbo max and scrolling through there.

"alright." he put the pillow back on his head and she laughed again, pausing her movie search and lifting the pillow up slightly and grinning at him. "you think jacks or vee knows how to make it since they were always the ones back there?"

"matt, i know how to make it. we all do." she explained and he just gasped, placing the pillow down next to him and grabbing her hand.

"marry me right now." he grabbed her hand and gracie rolled her eyes, shoving him away from her  but not unlinking their hands. "okay i'm kidding. not really you're so wife worthy with that statement." he shook his head and hummed as he sat up with her, coming closer to her now that he was fully awake.

"alright that's enough." she laughed as he placed their linked hands in his lap. it was like the two of them were ignoring the fact that both their hearts were racing. it was bold and new but she didn't mind it, and matt wasn't a hand holder but her hand was just so perfect in his.