037; italian roots

mastermindmastermind mastermind

mastermind
mastermind
mastermind

-
"SOMETHING IS UP I CAN SENSE IT." gracie spoke uncomfortably from where her and jackson stood in front of starbucks in the airport of boston.

it was the early hours of the morning (only ten o'clock). in her defense she was out last night filming late and then her and jackson had to be up early for a six hour flight.

"or you just haven't slept correctly in two days." jackson proposed the ultimatum and gracie sighed, letting her head fall on his shoulder.

"can i ask a question or are you going to get all defensive on me?"

"depends on the question." jackson responded, the two of them moving up in the line.

"what's up with you and mads, everyone's been acting so weird lately." she frowned and jackson sighed, knowing very well that was exactly what she was going to ask.

he owed her an explanation. him and gracie had always been open to each other about anything because they knew there was never any judgment there. they were like siblings, even more than the ones they already had.

but with everything with madi going on, and gracie was so happy with matt. he didn't really want to burst her bubble. not everyone was having it that easy.

"jacks." gracie stood up straight, turning to face him so she could study his expression.

he looked- upset. genuinely upset.

"i just- it's a long story, but i'll sum it up i guess. laura thinks it isn't a good idea- me and mads. and she said she'd support us but we'd have to think of the consequences if it doesn't work out because laura's representing me." he paused and took a breath, "and then i was all for it but madi got skeptical and sort of pushed me away. and then when i tried to talk to her about it we got into this stupid argument and we haven't really spoken about it."

gracie could see the way jackson tried to fight off the emotions in his expression. he wanted to seem unbothered, he really did. it shouldn't have hurt the way it did for him.

but he really liked madi, and gracie could see it.

"okay say something gracie like and stop staring at me- it's making me incredibly uncomfortable." jackson deadpanned and she just rolled her eyes and laughed as they stepped up once again in the line.

"do you want advice or do you want me to tell you everything's going to be fine?" she asked and jackson stood there for a second to think about it.

"none?"

"okay well either way i was going to give you advice so shut up and listen. madi obviously likes you, she's just scared. technically you would be her first real relationship, and she cares about you in a way that means she's scared to lose you. that's why she's pushing you away. don't be scared either, show her you're worth it." she explained and jackson narrowed his eyes at her.