Chapter 7

Playlist - Running up that Hill by Placebo

Four Months Later

Rain's Pov

"You ready to go?"

Poppy's voice shattered my trance as I stared out the window of the dark arts tower, my eyes gazing upon the lush lake that surrounded the castle. My fingers adjusted the shoudler strap that held my corest upwards, and I quickly used my wand to sort my raven locks into a high ponytail.

The Hufflepuff looked like a thousand golden galeons, and I gave her a warm smile as I laced my arm through hers, ready to go on our planned stroll. For the past four months, our friendship had blossomed signficantly, and I found myself in her presence more often than not. Natty had also been an amazing friend to me, and the couple had taken much fo their time to venture the fields of the valley whenever my adrenaline demanded it.

Their relationship had also grown depper,  and the two were so in love that I found msyelf grinning like an idiot everytime they showed any affection toward one another. This particular evening, Poppy and I decided to take a walk around the courtyside, hoping to catch Highwing's newborns as they flew above the fields.

"I can't wait to see her! I'm so excited!" The brunette gleamed, her eyes glistening in excitement.

I let out a chuckle, and pulled her closer to me. "So am I, I'm glad she's able to take the wild again."

Though not all, Poppy and I, had managed to flee out most of the poachers with the help of a community we had garnered to rid the monstrous hunters and their activities. It was something I was incredibly proud of, and the Ministry had further recognised my talents and offered me a hefty salary upon taking up the position as an Auror.

The two of us walked out of Hogwarts, arm in arm, giving our nods to the passing students that had praised us for our efforts. It wasn't the recognition that made my heart flutter, but more so the difference that I had managed to make to our community. Ominis was extremely proud of me, and he offered to kindly fund any expedition that needed an extra few galleons, to which I appreciated greatly.

Him and I had also become closer, and we often spent our free time together. It wasn't romantic, he had confided in me that he had feelings for Gareth Weasley which wasn't a surprise. I had noticed how often he spoke of him, and how much he adored his disruptive jokes in potions.

As for a certain freckled man, well, I completely cut him out of my life. I was civil enough to say good morning when we passed each other in the hallways, but anything more than that, had become a bleak reminder of what our friendship used to be. Surprisingly I never saw him around with Imelda, and it begged the question as to whether or not he was actually dating her.

But alas I did not care, because I was still engaging with Dorian, and he kept me distracted. However I was incredibly saddened when he announced his return to Italy due to some family complications. I did not know whether or not he was going to make his return, but he did promise to bring me a souvenir if he ever did.

That was yesterday, and this is why at this very moment, Poppy wanted to venture out into the wild. She was the only one who was aware of my fling with Dorian, and she was very sympathetic about his departure.

"How are you feeling?" She asked sweetly, as we glided down the path towards the edge of Hogsmeade.

I sighed, and twiddled with my thumbs in an attempt to calm the bubbling nerves. "I'm fine, it wasn't anything deep, as you know."

"That's not who I'm referring to."

Her blunt words caught me by surprise, and I stopped in my tracks, a lump forming in my throat. I had informed Poppy of what had happened between Sebastian and I, but not the full brunt of it.