18.

The next morning they would arrive at Natlan.
Diluc was leaning on the railing with Childe standing behind him hugging him from behind as both are all geared up again.
Kiran looks at Diluc with furrowed brows "let me stay...please...Natlan is more dangerous then where you are going. The nation is known for war and this place scares me..."

Diluc looks at the man with his red eyes and raises a brow not seeming pleased that Kiran is so persistent on staying "I said you will get off here so do not try and discuss this now..."

Kiran furrows his brows and looks at the wasteland of Natlan with his blue eyes and then looks back at Diluc and Childe more so looking at Childe. It is like he asked his mother permission who said no and now he is looking at his father to see if he gets permission from him.
Childe sees the desperate look in the young man his eyes as he sees a bit of himself in him so he looks at Diluc.
"Perha-..."

"No...that is final. I don't want you to get hurt Kiran! Go to the knights of favonius when you return to Mondstadt and ask them if you can train there."

Kaeya hugs Kiran from behind resting his chin ontop of the other his head grinning at Diluc as he did this because this is how Childe and Diluc look like right now. He simply wanted to tease despite Kiran being a total stranger to him so he technically is hugging a stranger "come now Diluc. Don't you see this young man admires you like a parental figure? "

"I dont see him as my pa-"

"Shhhtt..." Kaeya spoke and covered Kiran his mouth "let him stay Diluc. I will protect him"

Diluc glares at Kaeya and then at Kiran before his eyes meet the ones of the dark blue-haired man "it looks like you are holding him hostage...he seems uncomfortable.  Just let him go Kaeya. Kiran this is not a discussion or some nice trip. We might never return-..."

The young man lets out a soft sigh "Then I'll go down with you. I never had a good life and I never fit in. Let me do this so I can atleast be of help. Sooner or later I'll die anyways" he shrugs saying this while Kaeya still has his mouth covered so it more so came out muffled.

Childe couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of this yet Diluc didn't laugh and feels pity for him. "This is the first thing you want after we haven't seen eachother in a while? To sacrifice yourself so I can get to my goal?" Diluc asks and he just wants to make sure Kiran wants this one hundred percent but also his serious tone makes it clear he was not joking about the dangers lying ahead.

Kiran nods "I am sure! " He said but then grows annoyed at Kaeya and tries to break free from his grip but Kaeya was taller and stronger then him so he huffs his mouth still being covered and still getting hugged from behind "use me as a stepping stone for all I care. I want to be here for you and I want to help you when the situation is dire. Use me as a meatshield to catch any weapons. You have done a lot for me back then Diluc so I owe you my life"

Diluc furrows his brows and removes Kaeya from the young man and then Varka boards the ship with the cavalry only they had no horses. They must have gone to pass in the harsh climates of Natlan.
Varka gives Diluc a look and they spoke a very long time ago when Diluc was still captain as he only gives him a nod as a greeting knowing they aren't on the best of terms yet when he sees Childe, tartaglia hug him from behind he seems more alarmed.
"What is the meaning of this Diluc? Why are you with a Harbinger?"

Childe grins up at Varka because he had encountered him before and just for shock value he raises Diluc his hand to his lips and presses a kiss against it "we are married. Don't worry. I am on your side to overthrow the Fatui."

Varka blinks a couple of times having to process this yet he did not want to question it and just trusts Diluc his judgement in the other. He would walk with his men to rest since they finally can get proper rest after having been in this nation for so long yet as the boat sails off once more Diluc is not mad Kiran did no get off.
He is more so dissapointed he could not convince him to leave.