18. the brat and the jerk

It was late when we checked in, both of us covered in a dusting of snow and ice as we made our way to the cramped motel room.

We barely got inside before the door slammed behind us, the air quickly freezing with a blast of frigid wind that knocked against the window.

I dropped my bags unceremoniously onto the bed, turning to face Beck who was still standing in front of the bathroom. He didn't move, just stood there, frozen in place.

"Can you not be weird, please?" I whined, crossing my arms. "What are you doing?"

"You're seriously fine sleeping in the same bed as me?" He questioned, gesturing to the single bed in the room.

I shrugged. "One, I'm so tired I couldn't care less how many beds there are, and two, it's not like we haven't done more." I stared at him for a moment, waiting for an argument but none came.

Turning back to my suitcase, I flipped it open, my eyes widening when I saw what was folded neatly on top of my clothes.

A lilac set of lingerie.

Fucking. Bryn.

"What's that, Em?" Beck teased, peering over my shoulder.

My face went red as I shoved him away from me. "Shut up," I grumbled, grabbing my pyjamas and closing the suitcase quickly. "I'm taking a shower."

Once in the bathroom, I slipped out of my clothes, tossing them in the corner of the room. I rinsed the snow and ice from my hair before closing my eyes, letting the hot water warm my frozen skin.

I leaned against the shower wall, the cool tiles making me hiss slightly at the stark contrast. I thought back to Beck's shower, what we had done, what he had done. At some point, I found my hand slipping down my body, following the ghost of a trail his hands had left behind.

I clamped a hand over my mouth as my other hand found its way between my thighs. A tingling sensation spread through me, making my breath hitch. I bit down on my lip to stop a moan from escaping me as my body tightened around my fingers.

I let myself ride out my climax, standing under the hot water until my breathing evened out and I stepped out of the shower.

I towelled dry quickly, pushing damp strands of hair out of my face as I threw on my clothes.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I walked toward the bed where Beck was still sitting, watching me curiously. His expression turned serious when he caught sight of my flushed cheeks and parted lips.

"Good shower?" He raised an eyebrow, his eyes flicking over my attire.

I nodded quickly, pushing aside the memory of my fingers moving between my legs. I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction. "Yeah," I responded weakly.

The silence stretched on, heavy and awkward. I picked at the blanket covering the bed, running my fingertips along the edge.

"I'm going to shower," he eventually said, standing from his spot.

I didn't respond, laying back on the bed, my gaze fixed on the ceiling. I listened to the water running in the bathroom, feeling as though it went on forever.

Finally, the water shut off, and Beck emerged from the bathroom, his towel wrapped loosely around his hips.

He pulled on a pair of sweatpants before dropping down onto the bed next to me, his arm coming to rest under his head. I forced myself to drag my eyes off of his chiseled body.

His lips quirked up into a smile, his eyes studying my face as his tongue darted out to wet his lips. "Em,"

I shook my head. "Nope," I sat up from the bed. "Please, Beck."