20. i don't kiss guys who don't bring me coffee

Beck's hand fell to the side of my neck, his fingers stroking my skin. I felt my heart flutter in my chest as he pulled me closer, our bodies flush against one another. His lips brushed against mine, my hands fisting the fabric of his shirt as my eyes fluttered closed. I pressed my lips against his, savouring the warmth of his touch, and how perfectly our bodies seemed to fit together.

His lips moved against mine, and I felt my legs turn to jelly as his other hand gripped my waist. The kiss was gentle and comforting, expressing everything we couldn't say out loud.

I felt Beck smile against my lips, pulling back to stare into my eyes. I looked back at him, watching as he took in every detail of my face. His smile widened. "You are so beautiful."

I ducked my head. "I'm a mess," I whispered, feeling my cheeks flush.

Beck laughed as he lifted my chin with his hand, using his thumb to wipe away the residual tears. "You are the most beautiful person I've ever met,"

I raised an eyebrow. "Bullshit,"

He smiled, pressing his lips to my forehead. "You're the prettiest girl I've ever laid eyes on."

My cheeks flushed.

"The first time I saw you," he whispered. "I wanted to run into the kitchen and kiss you right then and there."

My mouth fell open. "What?"

He chuckled. "At the frat. You were in the kitchen, with Bryn," he moved his fingers up and down my arm. "You were so beautiful, you looked so nervous," he laughed. "When Abby dragged you over, god, I felt like the luckiest man alive," he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "And when you called me a douche..." he trailed off. "I knew I needed you."

I couldn't help but smile at that.

"You are so beautiful, Em," he whispered. "You're perfect."

My heart swelled.

He ran his fingers along my jawline, pressing another kiss to my lips.

I leaned into his touch. "I don't know what this is," I admitted.

He nodded, resting his forehead against mine. "I don't either," I could feel his hands shaking at my waist. I glanced down at them, squeezing them tightly. He lifted his head to stare at me, a soft smile on his lips. "We'll figure it out," he promised.

I nodded, stepping into his embrace.

His arms wrapped tightly around me, one hand tangling in my hair while the other stroked my back.

"You make me feel safe," I whispered.

I felt his head shift against mine. "Good."

I breathed him in, pressing my face into his chest.

"I don't want to go inside," I said quietly, not wanting to pull away from him. I felt his chest rumble as he laughed, his grip on me loosening as he turned me around, facing me toward the ocean.

The sky had turned pink as the sun began to rise. "I think we need to go to sleep," he murmured, his hands moving to the small of my back. I watched the sunrise in front of me, feeling my heart swell. Beck pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "Let's get you some rest."

I turned to face him, looping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around me, kissing me softly. I let him walk me to my room, watching as he leaned against the door frame as I climbed into my bed, revelling in the warmth that instantly surrounded me.

He stood there for a moment longer before he turned away, closing the door softly behind him.

✣✣✣