26. it's better to be a hot blonde than a sad brunette

As I slipped out of her room, I heard laughter coming from my bedroom and Beck's voice filling the hallway. I felt a small grin spread across my face as I approached my bedroom, poking my head through the door.

Beck was sitting on the bed, talking to Jared, surrounded by all of my clothes, strewn about the room in heaping piles. I leaned against the doorframe, watching the two of them as they rifled through my clothes.

"Jared, if you wanted a makeover all you had to do was ask," I teased as I stepped into the room.

Jared glanced up at me, a wide grin on his face. "I told you, I like your style." He replied, studying a sheer top before tossing it onto the floor.

I couldn't help but laugh as Beck wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me onto him. "I missed you," he murmured against my ear, pressing a kiss to my neck.

Jared grimaced. "If I knew you two were going to be this gross I would have left you to sulk,"

"Sorry, Jared," Beck apologized halfheartedly. "If I had known you were going to be here, I would have told you to go away," he retorted, letting go of me.

I wiggled out of Beck's hold, walking through the pieces of discarded clothes strewn across my floor. "So, why are you going through my clothes?" I asked, picking up the top Jared had discarded and laying it back on the bed.

"I'm looking for something for you to wear tonight," he explained.

I furrowed my brows. "Tonight?"

"Well, dear Emily," he grabbed a dress from my suitcase, studying it for a moment before handing it to me. "I am having a party tonight," he paused. "Try that on," he added.

I studied the dress for a moment before looking up at him. "I'm not really a party person," I replied, resting the dress on the bed.

"Bullshit," he replied, shooting me a pointed look.

I rolled my eyes, taking the dress into the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror, letting out a soft sigh.

"So?" Jared called from the other side of the door.

I pulled the dress over my head, running my hands over the cutouts along my stomach. "I don't like it," I replied, taking a shaky breath.

There was shuffling on the other side of the room, followed by undecipherable conversation. A minute later, Beck peeked his head into the bathroom. "You okay?" He asked softly, his eyes meeting mine through the mirror.

I turned to face him, dropping my hands from my stomach. "It's too much," I replied, staring at the ground.

He stepped into the bathroom, placing his hands on my hips and turning me back towards the mirror. "Stop," he whispered, pressing a soft kiss to my jaw. "Look at you," he murmured. "So beautiful,"

I tried to force a smile, but the words died on my lips as I looked in the mirror. "I'm not ready for people to see my scars," I whispered, watching as his fingers traced the cut outs along my stomach.

"You are not your scars. You are you. My sunshine, my happy place, my love," He cupped my cheek in his hand, turning me to look at him. "Your scars only add to your beauty." He smiled softly. "Please don't let them take away that joy." He leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

I sighed, letting my eyes flutter shut as I fell into him, kissing him back.

"If you don't want to wear it, we will go get you a new one. Whatever you want." He slid his hands up my arms. "But look at you," his hand ran over my toned stomach. "My girlfriend is so strong," He kissed my jaw, my neck. "So brave," He pulled back, smiling down at me. "Am I right?"