A film? or a rom-com?

Jade

Well. Detention was actually pretty fun. I mean, if you can call James jumping on tables, and Xander magically having a speaker with him,and then him proceeding to turn it on in front of Susan. Also i got a lot of time to catch up with Av. She told me about her family and how things are not really going well. Apparently her grandma is very sick and since she lives with her parents she's their responsibility. Which then makes Av's parents fight like animals because they can't afford her treatment.

I did my best to console her but i don't know if it really worked. Then, i tried to change the topic to something more light. I started asking her questions about Xander and, boy did she have a lot of answers.

Right now im in the principal's office. At first i thought i was in trouble for the stunt we pulled in class but that thankfully wasn't the case.

"Now, ms Springs I've cheeked your file and it doesn't look like you have much good grades" - Mr. Danes, flips through some pages of random papers and looks at me with disappointment.

"I mean you used to be a great student, what happened?"

Shit that you chose to ignore - i almost say but held myself back.

"I don't really know, i guess i just.. Lost motivation" - i trail off, not knowing what to say.

God I'd rather be anywhere but here right now.

"Well lucky for you, I've find a solution for you" - he smiles.

I give him a fake smile and try to look interested.

"What did you have in mind?"

"Well ms. Springs the fact that you don't have very good grades doesn't really affect your future that much since you want to go to" The Arts "school" - he explains.

"That school only has three majors : drama, art and music"

"And you have perfect grades on all those subjects"

"So, what's the problem?" - i ask

"Well you still need to prove the school you're worth a spot on there"
"So i, thought, why not have you film a short film, documentary whatever you'd like to call it and send it to the college"

"Mr. Danes im, not really sure-

" Don't worry, im sure you'll do great, plus any need for props and any financial help will come from the school "

Well that's a relief.

" So what do i make the film about? "-i ask, not knowing what the hell he said all this time.

"Anything"
"You can make it like a documentary or you could write your own story, a fictional one, i mean" - Mr. Danes suggests.

"But you'll obviously need to find the actors for that, too."

Well that's just great. Where am i gonna find people on this school who would actually agree to work with me? Everybody here hates me.

"Okay.. So i could make the film about anything right?" - i ask again, to make sure. Hell, this might actually be fun.

"Yes, anything" - he repeats my words and nods.

"Now, i don't want to hold you back from class, so you're free to leave"

"Thank you Mr. Danes, this is a really nice opportunity" - i smile at him, sincerely.

"No problem, kid" - he nods and smiles back.

As soon as i leave the room i, bump into someone. God could this day get any worse?

Oh, i guess it could.

I look up to see who i bumped into, and there he stands.

James Henderson with his usual smirk on his face.

"Why did Mr. Danes called you in?"
"Oh let me guess, you've been bad?" - his smirk grows wider.

"Ew James, gross!" - i nudge his arm.

"Hey i thought you were digging his company"
"I mean he does look a little bit old, but hey, who am i to judge?" - he throws his arms up.

"That's it. Im blocking you. You do not exist" - i wave my hand at his face and walk away.

That doesn't last long until James is right besides me, trailing after me.

"Okay, okay seriously why did he send for you?" - he asks, still a small smile on his face.

"Some bullshit about me not having good grades so now i have to make a short film or documentary" - i explain, with a sigh.

"Not so happy bout that are we?" - he smiles, with his hands in his pockets.

"Hell no"

"Well, you need help?" - there's no way i heard that right.

"You? " - i, point at him
"Me - he grins.
" Wanna help me? "-i then point to myself.
" Yes "-he puts my hand down.

" And why on world would you want to help me? "

" Im really bored? "-he shrugs.

" Plus, now that you said you have to make a film i might actually have an idea "

"You, have an idea?" - i laugh.

"Who are you and what have you done to  my James?"

"Your James huh?" - he closes the space between us.

"Our James" - i correct myself.

"You, know, Avery's James, Xander's James -

" Your  James "-he finishes the sentence.

" Yes"

"Alright come on, i know this great place"

"What-no, James we still have class" - i try to reason.

"So?"
"So?" - i laugh.

"We need to be there if we don't want to fail every class"

"You mean if you don't want to fail every class" - he swings an arm around my shoulder and points at me.

"Cause i have great grades" - he smiles proudly.

"I still don't know how on earth you can do that" - i respond.

"What can i say?"
"I'm a man of many talents" - he shrugs and opens the school door.

I hesitate to walk for a moment and then he turns to me.

"You coming, Violet?"

"Don't call me that" - i don't answer his question.

"So.. Yes or no cherry?"

"Fine" - i sigh and open the door.

Which doesn't stop him from returning to his position, with his arm around my shoulder.

"Okay I'll let this" - i nod towards his arm.
"Slide this time since you're helping me"

"You know you love it"

"I so don't!" - i argue.

"Hell yeah ya do" - he pulls me closer and messes my hair.