Chapter 43

Chase Kennedy

While I drove to the location, and so did a few members of Mr Haufftner's team, I got a call that the police had nabbed a man who disguised as a trash disposal worker.

They managed to get the man to spill on some valuable details, like where Leo was located. Fortunately, I was on the right track. But we would need much more information than that. If Leo kidnapped Celine, then he'd definitely have some sort of weapon with him. A knife, maybe even a gun. If we didn't approach the situation carefully, Celine would be in more trouble than she is in now. A situation I didn't even want to picture.

I checked my phone while driving to see the police had gotten a few leads and pieces of information that may help us catch Leo while keeping Celine out of harm. I swerved into a narrow one way road and behind me was Mr Haufftner's entire team, including Mr Haufftner himself, as well as the police. They had already discussed strategy, and half of them were already in position. I waited for the signal that everything was clear before I kicked open the door. Mr Haufftner entered first while I followed behind. Right there and then, my heart broke at the sight. I didn't think it was possible, but at that moment, it truly felt like my heart had been ripped from its position in my chest.

Fear masked Celine's face, the top of her head bandaged, tears fell down her cheeks slowly, and I could notice the slight shake in her legs. I clenched my fist and looked down, blood dripping from where Leo's nails dug into her delicate pale skin.

Celine. Hurt. Bleeding.

If he didn't have a gun to her head, i would personally make sure he was six feet deep for even daring to touch her, let alone hurt her. My fists weren't invincible, but I felt like it could take his life almost as quickly as he was given it with the amount of rage powering me.

"One move lover boy, and you'll have to watch me burn a hole through her head."

He was acting tough, but I could see past him easily. The tremble in his words. He knew there was no way he was getting out of this unscathed.

Fucking coward.

I didn't reason with criminals though. I waited patiently, knowing Leo didn't have the gut to pull the trigger. He was bold enough to kidnap. But murder? He wasn't that bold. I waited, holding my breath. Even though I knew Leo wouldn't dare shoot, I was still scared. He had, after all, the biggest advantage. He had Celine. One wrong move from either of us, even just a slight accident, and I'd lose her. Just the thought of it sent shivers down my spine.

A world where Celine didn't exist was unfathomable. I clenched my fists as he dug his nails further into her skin and she let out a whimper of pain. That noise she made had me fighting the urge to lunge forward. If he hurt her again, the police would have to bring another set of handcuffs. Because I'd be arrested for murder.

I felt trickles of sweat down my forehead as I waited, and waited. They should enter right about...

Now.

The hidden back door, concealed by the previous owners due to certain decor reasons, broke down. Leo let his guard down for a split second when Celine took the opportunity to knock the gun out of his hand. The team of officers who entered pinned him to the ground as I rushed to hold Celine before she landed on the ground. I felt as her entire weight relaxed at my touch, and her head leaned into my chest while I carried her up bridal style. She was finally back in my arms. She buried her head further into my chest and I pushed away strands of blood stained hair from her face.

"Are you okay trouble?" I could hear the shakiness in my voice, worry evident. But I didn't give a fuck. I needed to know she was okay, nothing else mattered.