15. A New Life

Juan suddenly found himself transformed into a wisp of smoke as Peter opened the gate of heaven.

I admire you, Juan, for wanting to go back to your family. A strong family tie, eh boy? I don't want to take away your boyhood. And because you want to change the devil ways of man, I'm lending you a power—the power of goodness. Discover this power. Remember, use it to help others and prevent the triumph of evil. See you in the distant future.

Back at the hospital where Juan was brought after his fall. His mother and siblings were gathered around his bed. They were despondent and tearing their hair as two hospital porters were about to wheel Juan to the morgue. Juan was wrapped in hospital linen, immobile, but not lifeless, for slowly there was a faint movement of the body wrapped in linen.

Juan arrived in time and reentered his corporeal home. Juan's mother saw Juan stir and removed the linen.

My son is alive, muttering between sobs as she embraced Juan. Thank you, Jesus, for hearing my prayer.

The nurse removed the linen and saw Juan moaning. Then Juan opened his eyes and knew at once that he was not in the Perfect City nor in the City of the Damned.

Mother, I'm sorry I did not listen to your warning that I must stop climbing trees. I was given another chance to enjoy my boyhood. I want to correct the mistakes man has committed and save them from damnation.

The mother did not know what Juan was muttering but she was too happy to see his son alive.