24. William Capitulated, but...

That evening it was the turn of Juan to visit William. Juan did not use Chua's pickup but went to William's house using his power—by manifesting personally before William who was taking his supper inside his house together with his brother Lin.

Good evening, William, said Juan, Lin. William was completely surprised, but Lin was not surprised. William looked around, thinking that his two bodyguards were around.

Don't bother yourself, William, they were back where they came from. I told you what I know about your two bodyguards. That you have time to follow the path of righteousness. We can merge not just in business, but in our mission of making our people happy. Support my plan and you will never be sorry.

What if they come back and wreak havoc on our life, Juan? Asked William. I have pledged to follow them in return for protecting our business and family.

Many people have sold their souls to the devils in return for temporary comfort, said Juan. But what is the price of gaining the world if you lose your soul? The damned spirits in hell suffer the worst punishment for capitulating to their weakness. I've been there so that I would appreciate the Perfect City, but I preferred to go back to earth, partly personal and messianic.

Putting up the school of reforming is messianic. It would be the cause of my destruction, but it is the kind of annihilation that I welcome in return for saving thousands of souls.

Our school has just one mission: to help people go back to the true path of righteousness. It is free, we will not collect payment. In fact, we will be the one to support the poor, like drug users or agents, single mothers, and even extortionists, so that their family would not go hungry.

Are you with me, William?

William was hesitant, but finally agreed, though doubts continued to bother him.

Then it is a deal. Call me anytime you need my help, and I will be at your side, William.

Thank you, Juan. It's a deal.

Please tell others of our agreement. Remember we must resist all forms of temptations or intimidation from the lawless elements. If we do not do it, the tradition of oppression will not be broken.

I understand, said William. So long, Juan and thanks for opening my eyes to the truth.