Chapter 1

**Antwan**

Another day a new year. That's how I feel every August. School starting back up. The honey's is looking good and I'm all trained up for this football season. I been training since I was in the 7th grade and now its my senior year and Im the captain/quarterback of the lightning sparrows.

My girl, Evette, is one of the most beautiful girls here. Standing 5'3" hair all the way down her back. Thicker than ever. And as red as she wants to be. She ain't the smartest girl. And not even close to being nice. But I love her. We been together for a year now. She is amazing.

Today on this first day of school I decided to start my senior year off with my jersey and some black shorts and red vans. I picked up my homie Cooper from his house and we was on our way to school.

"Man can you believe its our senior year?" he asked.

"Seems like we just started freshman year yesterday."

"Now we at the top."

"This season is ours man. We will rise to the top."

"Yeah!"

He high fived me. And we pulled up to school and I parked in my space. Evette was parked already and probably in the school saying hi to everyone.

"Yo! Look at that old station waggon! " Cooper pointed to an old faded green car.

"Damn they still have those?"

"Look at the thing driving it?"

I saw somebody with socks and sandals and a faded blue dress. The wildest hair I ever saw.

"Damn she need a miracle."

"Man hush and let that girl be. You always riding on somebody Coop."

"Ain't that Stacey? You know Tarah's little sister?"

"Yeah."

"How can somebody as ugly as her be related to somebody as fine as Tarah?"

"Man I don't know. But you need to stop disrespecting these females."

He opened the door and got out. "Yeah whatever man. Lets go."

I got out the car got my backpack. Locked my car. I looked over at Stacey once more and then pushed her out of my mind.