Chapter 3

**Antwan**

Its hard not having classes with anybody I'm down with. But that's what happens when you have all AP classes. Nobody knows how smart I am except for my teachers. Never made less than a 3.7 GPA. My third period is quiet and I sit in the back. The teacher got us doing a research project already. I'm paired up with Stacey.

She didn't seem to happy when the teacher called our names together today. She just walked up to me slammed a paper with her name and number on it on my desk and walked away. Didn't even try to speak to me. I walked up to her and gave her my number. Said she could call me whenever. All she said was ok.

Stacey is beautiful. Not I. the way that everyone else looks at it. But she has a natural glow and beauty to her. Its unique. She has Hazel eyes her hair is probably really long but I know its natural. Unlike Evette. She doesn't dress the best but she got a nice figure. And smooth rich dark brown skin like an African queen. My favorite part about her is that she speaks her mind in a kind and polite way and stays true to herself.

After school everybody usually hangs out at The Jooke. Its a restaurant down the street from school and the owner is cool with us all coming over there to chill. Since it was the first day back it was packed. Basically the whole school was there. Mr.Aames always had a booth for me my girl, Cooper and whatever female he was with on that day. Today it was Tanya.

We all sat down and looked at the menus. Evette ordered a Caesar Salad with no dressing and a water. Tanya. didn't want to seem fat so she ordered the same thing. Then it was Cooper's turn.

"Ill have a triple stack cheese and bacon burger with extra onions, a large basket of Chili cheese fries, a rootbeer and a large strawberry shake."

The waitress took it all in and looked at me.

"Ill have the same."

"Y'all gone kill yourselves. Clogging up arteries and shit." Said Evette.

"Well it ain't everybody's life long dream to be a stick." Cooper said making fun of her.

"Ha Ha very funny. "

Our food came and the waitress gave a little wink. Evette didn't mind when other people flirted with me. I guess she figured that since she got me she wont lose me.

We ate and talked about how our day went. Cooper messed with Evette and I talked to Tanya for a minute. She's not the most stable girl. She feeds off of other peoples energy. She likes to make peoples lives difficult. She's one of Evette's clones.

After we ate me and Cooper left and I drove him home. When I got home dad wasn't home but there was a letter on the fridge. He's out of town again on business and wont be back for 3 days. I put the paper on the counter then went to my room changed my clothes and went down to the workout room. I worked out for two hours then went up stairs for a hot shower.

When I got out my phone was ringing. I didn't know who it was.

"Who this?"

"I'm sorry I was calling for Antwan."

"Yeah its me but you still ain't answer me. Who this? "

"Its Stacey. From 3rd hour."

"Ohh what's up Stacey?"

"I was just calling to see when you wanted to work on the project."

Her voice was the music to my ears.

"Umm whenever you want. I'm just busy on Tuesday's and Thursday's. "

"Okay so Wednesday we'll meet at the library on Monroe. Right after school."

"Okay. So how was your first-"

click.

Did she just hang up on me??