Chapter 8

**Tarah**

I always knew Stacey was tough. I always saw it in her eyes. But there's a difference between tough and dangerous. When she told me she beat two girls I knew something was up. But I didn't say nothing. Then the way she took them shots I saw anger in her eyes. Then I was for sure she was a threat when she beat Ramone.

He nearly two times bigger than her and he lifts weights. I seen him fight before and he got hands. But Stacey beat him bad. I'm really scared that my sister gone mess around and really hurt somebody.

But hopefully she don't.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Antwan**

I like this new Stacey. She fiesty now. When she started fighting Ramone I got scared a little when he slapped her and punched her to the ground. I started to walk over to them but Tarah held me back. Stacey handled her business and left.

I called her later that night I just wanted to talk to her.

"What?" she didn't say hello.

"Who you think I am? I ain't Ramone."

"What you want Antwan?"

"What you doing?"

"Homework."

"After all that bad girl stuff you still a little needy chick."

"I'm not about to mess up my future for some reputation."

"I hear that."

"Tell me about you. Who is Stacey Wright?"

"I don't know. I used to be the quiet girl that stayed out of peoples way. But now I have this joy in my heart. You unleashed my inner dragon."

"What you a Chinese warrior now?"

"Boy shut up you know what I mean."

"I know I know."

"What about you?"

"I'm just Antwan. I was lucky to get my athletic skills because without them I would be a sad person."

"What you mean?"

"My moms died when I was 3 and my dad only comes home once every other week. Its hard sometimes."

"Damn. Thar's fucked up."

"Yeah. But I'm chill. I'm just gone make sure my family don't end up like that. My wife will be treated like the queen she is and my child will never be neglected."

"Where are you going to college?"

"Harvard."

"What why they don't really have a sports program."

"I know I'm going to medical school. Gonna get my degree in sports medicine."

"Don't you have college offers for football. And scholarships?"

"Yeah but I'm not accepting. I got an offer to Harvard. Im going."

"Wow. Funny thing is I'm going there too. But for neurosurgery."

"Guess we have more time together."

"Sadly."

"You know you smiling right now."

"Nahh. I'm just chillin."

"Whatever. When can I take you on a date?"

"You don't need to worry about no dates. You need to worry about this research project we gotta work on tomorrow."

"Yeah we do. But can you do one thing for me?"

"What?"

"Be my girl."

She ain't say nothing just laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"Exactly 3 days ago at this very time. I wasn't even on the back of your mind. And now all of a sudden you want to date me? Nahh bruh."

"Ive always had a crush on you. Since that day in 3rd grade when you pushed that 5th grader on the floor when he punched me. "

"Haa you remembered that? That's sweet."

"That's real."

She didn't say nothing for a second.

"Alright Antwan I let you have a chance. But don't fuck it up."

"Okay I won't."

"Aight I gotta go. I'll. see you tomorrow. And aye wear a yellow shirt. Tomorrow and some black shoes."

"Alright beautiful goodnight."

"Night."