Chapter 26

2 Years Later

**Stacey**

"Mommy juice!" Cairo ran in the bathroom while I was doing my hair. 

"Go ask your daddy Cai. Mommy is getting ready right now. " He ran down the hall yelling for Ant to get him some juice. I finished my hair and went into the room to put on my new white dress. Cairo came running in with a full cup of grape juice. I picked him up before he could get to my dress. 

"Antwon why didn't you put his juice in a sippy cup?" He walked in with nothing but shorts on. After all this time I still fall in love every time I see him. 

"He old enough to have a big man's cup now, stop babying him." He walked over and kissed me and took Cairo to go get dressed. I put my dress on and then went in the closet to grad my robe. After I had Cairo I decided to go to college. I took summer classes weekend classes online classes and normal classes just so that I could ensure that I would graduate college within two years. I even pledged my dream sorority. And every step of the way Antwon was right there with me. Now we're both graduating with honors! 

I went down to put our robes in the car and get Cairo's carseat in place. When I got back inside my baby was in an all white suit with a tiny red bowtie. I smiled. Then looked over and saw his daddy in an all black suit with black shoes and gold cuff links. He just got a new twist up yesterday and got a line up too. Both of my boys looked so handsome I almost cried. 

"Wait don't move let me get a picture of my babies." I ran upstairs and got my phone. When I got back downstairs Cairo had a single white rose and Antwon had a giant bouquet of the same type of rose. Cairo ran up to me and handed me the rose. I picked him up and kissed him. Antwon came over and took my phone and gave me the bouquet and then took a picture of me and the baby. 

Right after that I heard honking outside. I looked out the window and saw Cooper and Sydney sitting in the car waving at us. They got married a year after Cairo was born and had a baby a few months later, a little girl named Kierra. It still bothers me that me and Ant aren't married yet but we have been very busy with college and a baby so I can understand. 

"Alright everything is in the car all I gotta do is strap him in and we out." I said to Antwon as I walked out the door with Cairo.

"Alright I just gotta go upstairs and get my phone real quick." 

"Okay well hurry up I don't want to be late." 

I walked to the car and strapped the baby in his seat and turned on Spongebob for him on my phone. Then I went to tell Sydney and Cooper they could just follow us. When I got back to the car Antwon was already in the drivers seat so I got in on the passenger side. He turned on the car and drove off down the road. 

By the time we hit the third traffic light Cairo was sleep. I reached back and got my phone from his seat and put his little cover over him.  I looked in the mirror to check my makeup. 

"Baby you know you look good I don't even know why you checking." He said looking at me like I was the most beautiful girl in the world. 

"Thank you. " I leaned over and kissed him. About 30minutes later we arrived at the arena. Cooper and Sydney parked right next to us. Sydney got out and got Kierra out of her car seat. I went over to them.

"Hi aunties baby. " I took her from Sydney and kissed her. She still didn't know how to talk yet. I played with her for a few seconds until I saw Cooper with her stroller and I put her in there. Then I went to my car and got Cairo out of his car seat, he was still sleep I handed him to Cooper. Me and Antwon put on our robes and cords then our caps. We took a few pictures then headed out to where the other grads we're. 

When we got inside he saw a few of his line brothers and I saw some of my line sisters. We all talked for a little bit until it was time to line up. I kissed Antwon then went to get in line. We waited until the grad song came on to go in then we went in and sat. It was a lot of friends and family there. I looked around for Cooper and Sydney and found them, they we're with my mama daddy and sister and on the other side was Ant's daddy. He was holding Cairo, who was wide awake now. He loves his granddaddy. Ant's dad pointed towards the middle and Cairo looked over. I looked where they we're looking and saw Ant waving at them. 

"Can we have everyone quiet down please." Our University's president was at the stand speaking into the mic. Everyone started to get quiet. 

"We want to thank all friends and family who came to celebrate with the graduates. Please give yourselves a hand." The audience began clapping. 

**Antwon**

Man I can't believe I'm graduating college already. And with the girl of my dreams. I really thought that me and Stacey we're going to be the typical black family but somehow we made it. And we worked hard to get here. I was walking towards the stage watching everybody in front of me get their diplomas. As I got closer it still hadn't really hit me. 

"Antwon James, sports medicine." When I heard my name get called I couldn't help but let tears fall down my cheeks. I did it. As I walked across the stage I almost broke down. I looked out into the audience and didn't see anyone but Stacey. It was like we were the only two in the room. She smiled at me and blew a kiss to me. I caught it. Corny I know but she made me that way. I heard people in the audience say 'aww'. I took my diploma and walked off stage. I saw a bunch of my line brothers and we made our call. 

I went to my seat. By the time I sat down and got comfortable they were near Stacey's name. Somebody had a blow horn and they had to escort them out. Everybody was laughing. Then they got to Stacey.

"Stacey Matthews, Nursing." I don't know what came over but I jumped up and started yelling. "THAT'S MY GIRL MAN. THAT'S MY BABY MAMA!!" Everybody around me was looking at me like I was crazy but I didn't care. After all we been through she deserved that.