Chapter 20

**Stacey**

"What you mean baby's heartbeat?"

"I mean you have a baby inside of you and its heart is beating. Is that confusing?"

"I'm pregnant?"

"Yes ma'am. You're going to be a mother." The room went silent. The doctor turned off the machine. I laid my head back on the table and looked over at Antwan. He had his mouth wide open and looked so shocked.

"Can you give us a minute alone?" I asked the doctor trying to hold back some tears.

"Yeah sure. But a nurse will need to speak with you with further options so just push the call button  when you're ready." He turned and walked out.

AS soon as the door closed I sat up. Antwan was still iin the same position. I waved my hand across his face and he looked at me. He was smilling now.

"What the hell are you smiling for?"

"We having a kid girl why wouldn't I smile."

"Ugh I guess but I just ain't ready for all of this."

He walked over to me and hugged me.

"Don't worry baby, i'm right here next to you no matter what."

I smiled. I reached over and pushed the call button. The nurse came in a few seconds later.

"Hey I'm Amber and I just want to talk to you about all of the options that we have for you at this point."

"We don't want an abortion." I blurted out.

"Well good because we don't do abortions here. Now are both of you 18?"

We nodded.

"Okay well there are adoption agencies that we work with and we also have a few orphanages."

"We want to keep our baby." Antwan said with a serious voice.

"Oh! Okay well we offer seven types of birthing classes and we have ten yoga instructors on our team.  I also have these pamphlets on birth and we have parentinng classes we can sign you up for. Now what ya'll need to do is find an Obstetrician that ya'll are comfortable with. I'll take care of the prenatal vitamins and everything else okay?"

"Okay thank you."

She left and we got our stuff and left. When we got in the car my phone started to ring. It was mama.

"Hi mami."

"Hey Stacey. I have some news for you that I think you might like."

"I got something to tell you too but you go first."

"Okay so me and your daddy bought a house here in Guam and we are letting you and Tarah have the big house everything is paid for and we can pay all the bills from here."

"That is just what I need right now mama. Are you sittin' down?"

"Yeah what is it baby."

"Im pregnant mami."

"Oh my baby, Habing a baby i've waited for this for so long. I'm so happy for you baby girl. But I have to go now tell Antwan I said hello."

"okay mama and tell my daddy I love him."

We hung up. I told Antwan that we have the house now. And I called Tarah and told her everything. She was so happy. When we got to the house I went upstairs and went to sleep. It was a long day.