Chapter 22

**Stacey**

I found the one, he changed my life

But was it me that changed

And he just happened to come at the right time

I'm supposed to be in love

But I'm numb again

Whatever it is, it feels like

It's laughing at me through the glass of a two-sided mirror

Whatever it is, it's just sitting there laughing at me

And I just wanna scream

What now? I just can't figure it out

What now? I guess I'll just wait it out (wait it out)

What now? Please tell me

What now?

Its been three days since Antwan left. I haven't slept. I haven't ate. I just been sitting in the living room looking at the door hoping he would come back. He didn't.

I finally decided to get up and get some food. I was cooking some bacon when I felt this crazy pain. Something I never felt before. It went away so I finished cooking. I walked over to the couch and started eating. I felt it again. this time it was way stronger. I grabbed my belly. I felt the baby moving. Its not due till next week. I got my phone and called my doctor.

"Hello Stacey. How are you feeling."

"I keep getting these pains and the baby is moving like crazy."

"Well how far apart are they happening. the first one was ten minutes ago and then I had one right before I called." I felt the pain again this time I yelled.

"Stacey I need you to come on down."

"Why whats wrong."

"You sound like you're in Labor."

"But the baby isn't due until next week."

"Well I still want you to come just to be sure." I stood up and heard a splatter. I started to cry.

"My water just broke."

"Stacey calm down. We don't want you stressed at all. I just want you to get down here as soon as possible."

"Okay. I'm leaving now."

I hung up and got my clothes packed up. I put the car seat in the backseat and put the baby bag next to it. I called Antwan. He didn't answer. I started crying harder. I got in and drove straight to the hospital.

**Antwan**

I came in from running a few miles I saw I had a missed call from Stacey. I called back she didn't answer. I decided to drive over to see if she was alright. When I got there her car was gone. I got the spare key. When I went inside all the baby stuff was gone and the stove was on. I turned the stove off. She wasn't supposed to be out of that bed. She's on bed rest. I called the doctor.

"Hey Antwan are y'all on the way?"

"On the way where?"

"To the hospital. Stacey's water broke. I thought she was coming."

"Ill be there  in a few minutes." I hung up and ran out the house.

I called Cooper. He was with Sydney. I told them to meet me at the hospital.

As soon as I pulled up I saw Stacey trying to pull out the carseat. She grabbed her stomach and started screaming. She fell out of the car. I jumped out of my car and ran too her.  I caught her just in time. She was crying so hard.

"Somebody get me a wheelchair."

As soon as I yelled the nurses were running with a chair. We got her into the chair. When we got to the room the doctor came in and checked Stacey.

"Well get comfortable it looks like you got a long time to go. You're only 1centimeter dialated. We have to get you to ten."

"Okay she said."

The doctor left. I reached over to her she moved her han away from me.

"Are you okay baby."

She didn't answer me. Cooper and Sydney came in. Sydney ran over to Stacey.

"Hey boo you doing alright?"

"Girl I'm fine. But they said i got a long way to go."

"well I'll be here the whole time. I promise."

Cooper went and kissed her on the forehead. Stacey turned the tv on and Sydney layed next to her.