Chapter 24

*Antwan*

I was sitting in the waiting room when a nurse came out to me and said that Stacey wanted me. I jumped up as fast as I could and ran down the hall almost knocking the nurse over. When I got to the room the doctor was leaving and he patted me on the shoulder.

"Congratulations Antwan." He smiled and walked away.

I took a deep breath before I walked into the room. When I got in Stacey was looking me dead in the eye. She smiled and said, "Come meet your son."

My heart did a flip or something. I have a son! I couldn't help but just run over to her and kiss her. I saw him and every part of me just melted away. She handed him to me and he just looked up right at me. He has her eyes and good hair. But he got his nose and ears from me.

"What's his name?" I asked quietly.

"You pick it. I just don't want a junior." She said sounding so sleepy.

I walked to the other side of the room and sat in the rocking chair. I looked down at him and he was looking up to me.

"Hey man! I'm your daddy." He sneezed.

I laughed but not too loud. He is the smallest most precious thing I've ever held in my life but somehow I was comfortable with him being in my arms. I rocked him until he fell asleep. As soon as I stopped rocking he woke up and started crying. I laughed and started rocking him again.

"I got a name for you. But we'll wait till moms wakes up okay man." He just looked at me so innocently. "I love you man." I continued to rock until he was asleep and eventually I nodded off.

-------------------------

*Stacey*

I pretended to fall asleep but really I was just listening to Ant with the baby. I let him pick the name but he didn't tell me right away it was like he has to think about it first to make sure the baby was okay with it.

He walked to the other side of the room and sat in the little rocking chair with the baby. He was talking and laughing with him as if he actually understood him. It was cute. Now that I'm not all raged up on pregnancy hormones I'm not mad at Antwan anymore. I'm actually happy that he's here bonding with his son.

A hour went by and I saw that he and the baby were both asleep so I got up not realizing how badly it would hurt and walked over to them. I tapped Antwan on the shoulder and he quickly made me sit down while he stood up.

"So does our son have a name or do we have to keep saying son forever?"

He smiled and looked down at the baby then at me.

"Yeah, Cairo."