6

This chapter feels kind of all over the place, so I apologise in advance :')

.•°*°•.

Scar gasped as Mumbo shoved him down onto his bed, stealing his lips in a heated kiss. The brunette couldn't help the small smile that formed as Mumbo cupped his face in his hands, kissing him sweetly.

"You're a good kisser," Scar breathed when they parted, the two of them panting.

"Well, I can do I lot more than just kiss you," Mumbo said with a wink, making Scar's face turn red. He leaned back down to kiss Scar again, moving his legs to sit in Scar's lap as they made out. Mumbo placed his hands slightly underneath Scar's shirt on his sides and lightly massaged him with his thumbs.

Scar sighed happily as Mumbo moved to kiss along his jaw, then gasped when his hands moved further up his stomach. "Wait, Mumbo-" He squirmed and watched in slight horror as Mumbo paused to give him an odd look.

"Are you wearing a crop top under this?"

.•°*°•.

A knock on the door had Joel jumping in his seat. "Come in," he said, and the smell of toast and avocado filled the room when the door opened. He turned to see Lizzie holding a plate of avocado toast. "Oh, babe, you could've asked me to leave my schoolwork for a minute so we could eat together."

Lizzie smiled softly at him. "It's okay," she whispered as she walked into the room. "Grian's asleep." Joel took the plate from her. "He's been eating pretty well, and he hasn't thrown up again. He's actually finished everything I've brought him."

"That's good," Joel said, standing up from his desk. "Come on, let's eat together. It'll be like a stay-at-home date."

"Aww, that's so sweet," Lizzie said, humming softly as Joel kissed her. "But I'm not hungry. I'm actually pretty tired, so I'm just going to go to bed."

Joel's smile disappeared and he nodded. "Right. I'll move to the kitchen, then."

Lizzie frowned. "What? Why?"

"I don't want to disturb you."

"Oh, honey, you won't be disturbing me," she said. "You'll be keeping me company. Stay, I like being around you."

Joel sighed. "Oh, alright," he caved.

"Just don't work any later than nine-thirty," Lizzie said.

"But- It's already nine-fifteen!" Joel protested, his voice higher in pitch. "I need more time to study-"

"You need more time to sleep," she corrected him, lifting a hand to run over his cheek. "You're exhausting yourself. How do you expect to be a present father to Grian and your baby if you're always so tired because you neglect yourself?" Joel stared at her like he wanted to argue, but couldn't. "Exactly. So, go ahead and get some stuff done, but I want you in bed at nine-thirty so you can get some well-deserved sleep."

Joel nodded and kissed her again. "Alright, dear."

.•°*°•.

"Sorry about getting home late, Dad," Jimmy called as he toed off his shoes at the front door. "Scott wanted me to have dinner with him, and then we went to an ice cream shop, and then we went and watched a movie-"