34

CWs/TWs: referenced transphobia, referenced death, referenced sh, referenced miscariage, panic attacks,

.•°*°•.

Jimmy couldn't believe that Scott had said nothing about being off of his medication. Apparently, they'd been out of them since they left Amanda and Nathan's to live with Jimmy.

"You need to get your meds, Scott," Jimmy said gently to his partner, who was currently rocking themselves back and forth on the bed with their arms wrapped around their torso. "They're there to help you."

"You don't get it," Scott said, stopping to look at Jimmy. "I can't go back there. I just- I can't."

Jimmy sighed. "I know it's hard and you're upset with your parents, but your health is so much more important," he said, Scott grimacing at the word parents. "I want you to be safe."

Scott whined and leaned against Jimmy, who gladly wrapped his arms around them. "I'll be fine."

"Scott..."

"Really! I'll be fine, I promise," Scott said, looking up at Jimmy. They paused to snicker. "Ha. Your hair is stained pink."

Jimmy snorted. "Yeah, that's what hot pink dye will do, I guess," he said. "But seriously. What if you're not safe and you do something to hurt yourself?"

Rolling his eyes, Scott scoffed. "You're one to talk, Mr. Jumpers-In-The-Summer," he grumbled.

"Scott."

"I'm serious, okay?" Scott said. "I will be fine. If I'm not, then we'll go get them, okay? I just... I don't want to depend on some gross chemicals to be happy, y'know?"

Jimmy gave a sympathetic smile. "I know, sweetpea," he said, then he continued to talk but Scott didn't hear a word he said.

Zach used to call him sweatpea.

.•°*°•.

"Why are you so mad at me?!" Mumbo shouted, catching a pillow that Scar chucked at him. "I'm just trying to talk!"

Scar scoffed, backing up into his bed. "Yeah, you're doing a real fucking good job of it!" he screamed, crying. "Why can't you just leave me alone?!" He sat down on the bed and grabbed another pillow to throw.

Mumbo dodged the flying pillow and the pillow hit a picture frame on the wall, knocking it down to the floor.

Scar gasped and rushed over, his knees hitting the floor hard when he reached the broken picture. He sobbed as he picked it up off the floor, ignoring how the shattered glass cut his hands. The picture was of a man and a woman with a beautiful baby wearing a green dress in their arms.

Mumbo peeked over Scar's shoulder. "Are those your parents?" he asked softly.

"Yeah," Scar whispered, brushing broken glass away from the woman's face before starting to cry again. "I'm so stupid!" he screamed, then threw the picture at the wall, breaking it even more. He got up off the floor and walked over to his desk for a pair of scissors. Staring at himself in the mirror for a moment, he grabbed a handful of his hair and-