26

CWs/TWs: referenced self-delete attempt, referenced overdose, vomiting, blood. Stay safe, my loves <3

.•°*°•.

Scott had frankly forgotten about what he did for a while whilst they and Jimmy watched their movie until they began to feel sick.

"Are you okay?" Jimmy asked after Scott wrapped his arms around his stomach and leaned into his boyfriend.

Scott whined and buried their face in Jimmy's neck.

"You're not sick, are you?" Jimmy shifted so he could feel Scott's forehead. "Hm... You don't feel warm, but you look pale."

"'M gonna throw up," Scott mumbled, then whined when their stomach churned. "Need to-" They stopped and moved to vomit off the side of the sofa, barely avoiding getting Jimmy soaked. "I'm sorry," Scott sobbed before vomiting again.

"No, no, don't be sorry," Jimmy said, rubbing his back. "I can clean this up no problem. It's not your fault."

Scott let out a painful sob. "It is my fault," he cried. "It's all my fault, I took the pills- I took all of them-" That had Jimmy sitting upright.

"What did you take?"

Scott didn't answer.

"Tell me what you took," Jimmy said sternly, holding Scott's hand between both of his. "Love..."

"Acetaminophen," Scott whispered. "I- I-" They sobbed again and threw themselves onto Jimmy, hugging him tightly. "I'm so sorry!"

Jimmy inhaled deeply and held his breath for a moment. "Scott, why would you do that?" he breathed, closing his eyes and wrapping his arms around his partner. "Why would you do that?"

Scott tried to regulate his breathing by taking deep breaths, but failed as he kept hiccuping and crying. "I'm sorry," he whispered, gripping onto Jimmy's shirt. "I don't- I don't wanna die-"

"No, no, baby, I'm not going to let you die, okay?" Jimmy rubbed their back. "You okay with me taking you to the hospital?"

Scott gasped and pulled away. "They- they- they're going t-to send me- me- to a psych w-ward," they managed, slowly becoming more and more hysterical. "No, no, no, no-"

Jimmy reached forward to cup their cheeks in his hands. "Nobody's sending you to the psych ward," he said. "You might be sent to a mental health facility, but you'll be getting the help you need, okay?" Scott shook their head. "Yes-" Scott continued shaking their head. "Scott, you will. This will all be over eventually, okay? You'll get over this, I promise."

"No, it's n-never going to end," Scott stammered, squeezing his eyes shut. "It's never going to end, I'll always be a-abused- No-nobody cares a-about m-me and- and- I'll never esc- escape-" He cut himself off, crying so hard he could hardly breathe.

Jimmy didn't know what to say, but he understood why Scott felt the way he did. Jimmy would probably feel the same way if he grew up in the same situation. "It was wrong what they did," he said finally. "I'm sorry that they went through your stuff. It's not fair and they didn't have the right to." Jimmy paused, waiting for some kind of reaction from Scott before continuing. "You can stay with me for however long as you need to if you don't feel safe with your parents," he said.

"Don't wanna go back," Scott mumbled, shaking their head. "Never, ever."

"You don't have to," Jimmy said softly. "You don't have to." He watched as Scott rubbed their eyes, finally calming down. "I do still want to take you to the hospital, though." Scott let out a whine. "I know, but you really could die from this."