Hate That I Love You

Jimin sits across from the chief of surgery, hands clasped on her lap, and slightly quivered under Dr. Kwon's steely gaze.

"That's a big deal, Dr. Yu." Dr. Kwon says after a moment, "accusing Dr. Jeon of such things."

Dipping her chin, Jimin acknowledges her boss' words. "I wouldn't have come to you if I didn't feel strongly about it, Dr. Kwon. I've observed it in front of me and if you spoke to any of our female interns, residents, or even nurses, you'll see that my accusations of Dr. Jeon is a fact, and it is absolutely disgusting." Her jaw clenches with great tension, "you don't want someone as pathetic as he is working in your hospital, ma'am. He doesn't deserve the privilege of being a surgeon."

Dr. Kwon crosses her legs, leaning back in her chair. Jimin observes the heavy thought on the chief's face, and she gulps.

"I certainly don't want him under my roof." Dr. Kwon shakes her head, "but of course, I would need proof. I can't just report and fire him without an investigation. Sexual harassment is a serious offense, Dr. Yu."

Jimin nods, "I understand."

"Nor do I have a replacement for him in the meantime." Dr. Kwon shrugs, "if I start an investigation, Dr. Jeon will be suspended until he is cleared. Who will take his surgeries, Dr. Yu?"

A small hint of a smile graces Jimin's lips. "Dr. Im Nayeon is currently on a plane back from Indonesia. She agreed to sign a three month contract as a locum tenen. That'll give you some time to find new replacements. Maybe even offer her a permanent position as the head of the neurosurgery department. If she's willing to give up her current lifestyle, that is."

Dr. Kwon raises an amused brow, smirking. "You seem to have all the answers, Dr. Yu."

Mirroring her smirk, Jimin dips her chin with pride. "I always come prepared, Dr. Kwon."

"Alright. I'll look into it."

_

Minjeong glances at Soojin's steely gaze. She shifts uncomfortably in her chair, poking at her salad. The air was tense, even Mark and Shuhua could tell.

Shuhua bites her nail nervously, eyeing both women, before smiling nervously. "D-Do you guys want to hear about what happened to me this morning? Well, I was on my way to work—," her words stop abruptly when Soojin speaks over her, "how'd you get Dr. Jeon in your good graces again?"

Taken aback, Minjeong's eyebrows bounce upwards. "What?"

"He told me that he was giving you charge of the intern work for his research. It used to be under my supervision. I thought he hated you?" Soojin scoffs, "what'd you do? Sleep with him? He definitely wouldn't have passed that up. He's a total pervert."

Minjeong's eyes widened, "excuse me?"

Shuhua and Mark's eyes widened at Soojin's words. Smacking Soojin on her arm, Shuhua's voice comes out louder than she wants. "Jin! Watch your words!"

The older woman doesn't flinch, her steel gaze unmoving from Minjeong.

"I-I didn't—, h-he didn't tell me—," Minjeong stutters, putting down her fork. She gulps, before finally finding her voice. "I didn't know he would do that."

"Yeah, right." Soojin scoffs, "isn't that what you asked for?"

"N-No, I—," Minjeong glances at all the eyes on her, "I just wanted him to teach me. I mean, yeah, being part of the research would have been nice, but I didn't need to be in charge—,"

Soojin rolls her eyes and scoffs.

Minjeong's lips pressed together firmly upon Soojin's reaction. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—,"