Chapter 8

I got up early and got ready to head into the main facility. I linked Sargent Davies to get a briefing of what was going on for construction and other projects Jesse had in the works while I was absent. He said he would meet me in the cafeteria to escort me around.

The entrances were changed to double reinforced doors with security laches, video surveillance was installed everywhere, and guards posted at each entrance.

Once there, Sargent Davies found me and bowed his head low in respect.

"Luna Rebecca, thank you so much for saving my mother's life. The information you were able to learn not only saved her life, but we were able to catch and imprison more of the spies sent by Alpha Alex. From the bottom of my heart, thank you." Sargent Davies held his position of respect for a few moments more before rising to meet my gaze.

"I am glad I could get that information for you. I am glad she is ok. I am sorry your position here put you in the line of fire." I stated in response.

"No Ma'am. Don't blame yourself. You are doing good work here and I am proud to be part of it." Sargent Davies assured me.

"Sargent, I never got an update. How did the plan with the body doubles end? I was kidnapped before I learned the results." I inquired.

"A hitman was sent, captured, and interrogated. We learned little, but that is one less of Alpha Alex's spies at work against us. They are still trying to gain more information." He reported.

"Well, I am glad it was not a wasted effort. I am going to compile a list of wharfs within one day's travel by car of Seattle. I need to find Jesse before they hurt or kill him." I informed Sargent Davies.

"Yes, Ma'am. Beta Arthur is taking over the renovation oversight so your hands are free to search. Let me know how I can help." Sargent Davies replied.

"Where is there a supplied office? I need a place to get to work." I requested.

Sargent Davies led me to where Jesse has been working trying to find me. I smelled his scent when I walked into the door and tears came to my eyes.

I pulled up a map and realized Seattle is surrounded by shipping docks. We could get teams searching after a three hour flight, unless there was a pack closer that could help us.

I got on the phone with my father in law to see if we had any friends in Seattle. I learned there was a pack within an hour's drive. I got the Alpha's phone number and made the call.

"Hello?" He answered gruffly, mildly annoyed.

"Good Morning, is this Alpha Paquette?" I asked politely.

"Yes. Speaking." He answered.

"I am Luna Rebecca of the Northern Wolves Pack in Juneau. We are having an emergency, and could really use your assistance." I explained.

"With what specifically?" He asked patiently.

"Alpha Jesse, my mate, was kidnapped from a hotel in Seattle by the Cartel run out of El Paso Texas. He is being held in a shipping crate somewhere near what smells like a fish market. We believe he may still be in Seattle. Since you are located such a short distance from Seattle could you help us find him? I can mind link him, so if you could send some teams to make noise in the areas where these docks are clumped we can eliminate regions of the map quickly in our search for my mate before he is hurt or killed." I explained.

"Why would the Cartel be all the way up here in Seattle to kidnap an Alpha of a tiny, little backwater pack in Juneau?" He sounded skeptical.

"The former leader of our pack, Alpha Alex is jealous that he was removed from power after he was found guilty of abusing and terrorizing his pack. He allied with the Cartel down at the boarder and is organizing a supernatural army to take back regions of the map that are now under the charter and no longer accessible for the drug trade. It is sheer pettiness really. I would like to avoid war and get my mate back before they kill him. Are you willing to help me search?"