Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Put

They say that the most beautiful moment in life is when you remember who you are and where you came from. Looking back at the black and white paint. Feels me like home and surreal. Sometimes I never knew how it all began.

The wind slowly passed on our big hall. I only paced my eyes on the big picture frame where all it started.
Huminga ako ng mabigat.
Glancing to the mist beautiful woman I know, even picture frame and even when I didn't have any vivid  memories. I really admired her even I didn't know her well. She had a fair skin  those black eyes that caught me and let me intimidating while looking at it. The slim body she had, the thick and straight black hair of her swaying in the picture. Kung gaano ka ganda ang buhok niya ay gamon din ang pilik mata niya at eyebros. Dinagdagan pa ng hispanic nose with rosy full lips. I really admire her in that round face. Both my grandparents are pure spanish. Kaya naman lahat ng nakikita ko sa mini library namin ay puro Spanish book. Wala akong gaanong maintindihan pero sinisikap ko na meron akong matutunan.

Sa katabi niya ay ang lolo ko. Oliver Bautista. Sabi nila ay mas mabait daw to. They're both kind but most kindness of them is lolo.I want to know him more. The dump hair he had, while wearing a Spanish suit. He had a masculine body that protruded, but all of that had the same beauty  of my lola: slim, but taller than lola, with fair skin, thick black hair, black eyes Hispanic nose, full lips and a round face.

They are both perfect for each other. Isa lang yan sa malaking picture frame dito sa bahay na minsan ay gustong ipatanggal ng mama ni penelope.

"I wish I know both of  you better. How I wish I can bring back time," I said slowly and emotionally in the picture.

Everytime I look at it when i am cleaning the house. I will always wonder how it would look like the house when they still here. Kung sana ay nandito sila, gagawin ko ang lahat para maging mabuting apo gaya ng ginagawa ko. Kung sana nandito sila ay magpagtatangol kami ni mama. Hindi sana ganito ang buhay namin ngayon: pabaya, nagparaya at walang magawa.

After all, we have the full right of this house. This is the ancestral house of my grandfather. Kahit pa na fix marriage sila ay mahal na mahal daw ni lolo ang aking lola. Well, I found his diary and indicated there how he loved my lola so much. Hinintay niya ito kahit pa may ibang gusto si lola noon. Pitong taon siyang naghintay hanggang sa naging sila. She courts lola at first but lola would denied him and is ashamed of being had a child and thinks that she can do it alone. To raise tito on her own but lolo accept it. Lolo accepts all her claws to the point that lola fell in love too.

Si mama ang panganay at nag iisang anak ng lolo ko. Kaya alam kong may katapatan kami.

I laughed and trimbled of that moment. And I guess they had a genuine and smooth relationship back then. Kaya lang forthy years old na si mama ng pinanganak ako. At matanda na rin sila lola at lolo noong nabuhay ako.

They had a beautiful and tragic story. Even when I heard that moment, I can feel sorrow and proud of them for saving the nation but they lost their lives too that something I can forgot.

Even now and then, they included that in the book of history but they're underrated.

"Ang tagal mong naglinis diyan Gia. Doon pa sa kwarto namin. Linisan mo," utos ni tita sa akin.

Wala akong magawa kundi pakalmahin ang sarili. I can't feel the numb of my fingers for being a few hours of cleaning. Walang katapusan na trabaho.

Yumuko ako at kinuha ang balde. Naglilinis ako ng mga picture frame kanina. Pero bago ako umalis at tuluyan dala ang walis at tambo. I looked at the pictures. Full of the family of tito, may solo pa si penelope. May solo ako noon pero tinangal kaya kinuha ko sa kwarto.

Hindi naman ako mahina kaso hindi ko lang maintindihan kung bakit hindi nila gusto magpahinga ako. Sure they can hire all the workers they need. Inapusta kami ni mama. Kahit naman ayaw ni tito na gawin ito kay mama. Kaya  Ako ang sumasalo. I can be their niece but more than a maid.

Dumaan ako sa grand piano. I miss playing that but for some reason I stopped my passion just so I can do my things. Hindi ko nagagawang magpatugtog dahil sa nandito silang pamilya. Lalo na at umuwi na naman si Penelope para manggulo siguro sa akin o gusto niya lang mas parusahan ako.

Akala ko noong una ay napakabait niya. Akala ko napakabit nilang lahat pero silang lahat ay pinagkakaisa ako. Si papa na nag tratrabaho sa mga kabayo. Mainit at bilad sa araw. Si mama na nag aasikaso ng mga konteng taniman at nagluluto sa kusina. At ako na ginagawang katulong.

Tiningnan ko ang mga katulong. Yumuko sila, na parang nag aalala sa akin. Ramdam nila ang kahirapan ko pero hindi ako maintindihan kung bakit mas mahasol pa ang trabaho ko kaysa sa kanila. Hindi  ako bayad pero kung makapag utos ay wagas.

With all my fierce and force of m self. I pushed myself through the verge of my strength.

Masaya akong lumabas sa nagniningning na araw sa kalawakan Pagakfapos kong maglinis kanina ay umalis sila tito. Probably to have bonding with his family. But us three never included in that dream of them. We are here being their employees instead. Pinapakinabangan lang yata nila kami  beacuse we can be an asset for the..

Wearing a printed long skirt and plain long top, I smiled and slowly stepped on my black boots.

"You want me to change. You want to change me. How?!"

Joke man iyon pero nakuha niya ang atensyon ko.

Somehow makes me shiver and surrender and be disappointed.

"No, not that way Gianna. Of course I can’t change you. You have your own beliefs and life. So..."

"But you should admit that you once think that you need to change mine. Why so Albert?!

"I am patient with you. But somehow and something pushed me to make you change because of being you!"

"Stop!" Agap ko.

"Yes, I get it that I can't change you. But please lowered down your pride, Gianna. Hindi lang ikaw ang dapat iintindihin ko. Hindi lang ikaw amg mundo ko."

"Bakit if I am easy to get  I am cheap? Of course, I value myself that's why i am hard to get. And this stern look and fierce life I had will do nothing to you. "

At agad akong tumayo.

Iniwan ko siya ng inis na inis habang siya ay kagagaling lang mag trabaho sa isang restaurant.

"Looked at this supporting girlfriend. Doing everything for his poor boyfriend," bungad ng pinsan ko sa akin pagtapak ko palang ng bahay.

Something in her voice makes me shiver.

Umirap ako. I don't want to put myself in her thoughts. A cheap one.