Chapter 12

Freen paid for the bill and got the girls comfortably back to her car so that she could drive them back to their respective homes. On the way to Rebecca's home, Irin asks if she could sleepover at Rebecca so she could save Freen a trip. Rebecca was surprised but she agreed, she didn't have any jobs scheduled till next week so she was open to a spontaneous sleepover. They hadn't had one since she married Nop, it made her realize that Nop had somehow slowly segregated her from other people prior and during their brief marriage.
When Freen reached Rebecca's complex, she had a look that Rebecca couldn't point a finger on. It was a look that made Rebecca want to ask if Freen would also want to join them, but she hesitated, and in the end Rebecca didn't ask. Rebecca doubted Freen would want to join a silly slumber party.
Freen stared at the two girls giggling as they entered the lobby and into the elevator.

Freen's thoughts: Sleepover. What is that like.

It was near 11pm and the two girls were lying on Rebecca's queen bed with a hydrating facial sheet mask on their face.

"Becky, can I ask you something?" Irin asked while trying to keep the muscles of her face perfectly still.

"Of course."

"Are you attracted to Freen? Honestly Becky, I won't judge you, whatever you tell me is strictly confidential and there is no wrong answer. Tell me the truth."There was a long pause before Rebecca answered Irin, "I...I don't know. I'm confused myself too."

"Hmmm you have experienced this before with Nop. Is it the same kind of feeling as you had?"

"No absolutely not. Looking back, I think I was blinded and swept off my feet by my idea of what love is rather than the person. I was young and the progression from dating to marriage was so quick. I now realize that all of Nop's romantic gestures were just fluff...but with Freen...it is different. I feel connected...emotionally aligned...I don't know how to describe it, I just...somehow emotionally gravitate towards her."

"How so? So you are attracted to Freen. She is single by the way, although I have no idea which team she bats for. She is so hard to read."

"I am not sure if it is attraction I feel or gratitude. I haven't told you but Freen was the person that saved me from the fire and she was the one who helped me when I was depressed. I don't know why I feel the need to understand her or always need to be in contact with her, I just do. She is like my life preserver."

"Wow. Freen did all that? She never said a thing!"

"Freen is like that. She does things behind the scenes. She doesn't do it for praise or credits, she just does it because she can and able to. I love that about her, she is always so kind. You know, even if I am attracted to her, I don't know how she feels or like you said, which team she bats for. Freen is... too practical, too literal, too...emotionless."

"Hmmmm. You are spot on regarding Freen, but tonight, I can see that she treats you differently. I've joined Idol Factory a year ago, and I can speak from experience that how Freen treats you is very different from how she treats other artists under her."

"Really? How? Cause the things I used to think was just for me, she does it for you as well. She opens cars doors for people and always attentive to the your need." Rebecca turns and faces Irin.

"Your mask will fall off, turn back the other way." Irin advised, "that is for work but I am talking about outside of work. From where I was sitting, all I saw at dinner was how Freen only paid attention to you, she prepares the dish for you, she orders your drink without asking, she notices your diet and personally serves you vegetable using her own chopsticks, and she was the first one to notice that you weren't comfortable with the furnace without you saying a word. Do you know what attention I received? Nothing. I had to order my own drink, I had to serve myself, and I sat by myself while watching how sickeningly sweet Freen was attending to you."