Chapter 19

Freen worked hard from that day on. She read up on books regarding acting methods and watched the movies that Director A recommended with Becky. After each movie, Freen would discuss her thoughts with Rebecca and reenact certain scenes with her. In Freen's mission to improve, Rebecca would send Freen clips of various movie scenes that convey a certain emotion and point out key facial expressions to express emotion. She would also explain to Freen why a person would react or feel a certain way because Freen's limited social circle has never allowed her to experience life's wide range of ups and downs of humanity-- jealousy, desire, greed, hatred, regret, and love. Freen is like a newborn when it comes to emotions, she would ask Rebecca a lot of 'why's in order to understand why a person would feel a certain way and act a certain way. Rebecca would patiently explain it to her to the best of her abilities so that Freen to understand. 

Freen is extremely good at mimicking facial expressions and has great memorization skills, but when it came to improv, there is still a long way to go. Her weakest aspect in acting is that she takes everything literally, therefore imagining things or acting on the spot was still difficult for her. Director A sees a vast improvement from Day 1 of the workshop and he is proud that Freen has grown so much in such a short amount of time. There were certainly areas of improvement and more learning for Freen, but he is proud that the foundation is there and rebuilds his confidence that Freen is the right choice for his series. 

On the sixth workshop boot camp, it has caught a lot of their fellow cast mate's attention that Freen and Rebecca always arrive and leave together. They understood that they are always together during the workshop because they are costars but they question their relationship besides work. On one morning, Jaja arrived early to the bootcamp workshop studio and noticed Freen and Rebecca sitting outside eating a fruit platter, or rather it was Freen handfeeding Rebecca fruits while Rebecca's head was leaning on Freen's shoulder with her eyes closed.

"Morning Freen, Becky."

"Good morning" Freen greeting Jaja politely while Rebecca mumbled "Morning" in her half asleep state. 

Jaja chuckles at their cuteness and teases Freen, "are you practicing for the series? No wonder your acting has improved so much Freen!" Freen didn't disagree with Jaja and simply smiled brightly in response, but Jaja's comment jolted Rebecca to alertness as she opened her eyes and  took a good long look at Freen. 

"What?" Freen asked, "did you want a watermelon?" 

"...n-no-no" Rebecca stuttered, "I've had enough. Thank you kha." 

They joked around while waiting for their other castmates and for the workshop to start. They went through the workshop without a hitch but Rebecca couldn't get Jaja's comment out of her head throughout the entire day.  It was close to the end of their workshop when Nam was able to catch Rebecca alone at the breakroom studying her filming schedule. 

"Becky" Nam called out to Rebecca. 

"Hmm? What is it?" 

Nam pulls a seat next to Rebecca and says, "is everything okay? Something is different with you. There is something wrong with your smile since you've been back from lunch, you've been smiling differently."

"What? Nonsense. I smile like this all the time." 

"You're lying, I've never seen you smile like this...what's happened? Did something happened between you and Freen?"

Rebecca looks down and said, "No. Nothing. Nothing happened." Nam looks worriedly at Rebecca's down casted face and patiently waits for Rebecca to continue. Rebecca takes a few moments and tears started to fall, she whimpers "Phi..P'Nam...I...I think I have feelings for P'Freen."