Chapter 17

That night, Rebecca didn't address the kiss she shared with Freen. Since Freen didn't bring it up, she didn't want to mention either and it wasn't because she was fine with it, it was because she was too shy. Rebecca was not ready to accept that there may perhaps be something more, she could chalk it up to being in character and it was purely acting, but that would be admitting her inexperience after being in the acting industry for four years that she wasn't able to separate work and personal life, also she would be lying to herself why her heart flutters whenever she reminisces on that kiss.

Freen got up early to get ready for work again while Rebecca still laid in her bed sleeping. She tried to wake Rebecca so that they could travel together but Rebecca has never been a morning person and told Freen to go first and she will meet up with her later.

"Freen! What are you doing at the office?" Beer asked as soon as she saw Freen walk into the office. "Good morning to you too. I wanted to come in to make sure everything is alright." Freen replied."Oh Thank the Lord! You are a life savior. Saint just popped the news to us yesterday and we've been scrambling. We haven't hired your replacement and there are more artists that have a job event today than there are assistants and managers. Could you?"

"Say no more. What do you need? I'm at your disposal" Freen said.

Freen was super busy from morning till noon, as she had predicted the IDF artist managers wasn't prepared for the sudden shift in duties, they were short handed and so she offered her services to help out her fellow co-workers. She first helped with the paperwork and coordinating with event planners and brand managers, then she drove and brought Noey to her photoshoot. It was when Rebecca had messaged her that she had arrived at Idol Factory so that Freen to take her to her Fan meet that she realized she lost track of time.

Rebecca message: I've finished my shopping and at the office. Where are you?

Freen message: I am so sorry. I forgot and am currently offsite at Noey's photoshoot. I won't be able to make it back in time to take you to your fan meet. P'Beer is at the office and I've messaged her to take you instead.

Rebecca message: Oh...

Rebecca message: Why are you working as her manager? You're an artist now. You said you were going to drive me.

Freen message: Sorry! I have poor time management. If this ends early, I might be able to catch you at your fan meet.

Rebecca message: No, it is okay. It is just a fan meet.

Freen didn't know what to say after that message. Normally in situations like this, she would take it at face value but when she saw Rebecca's last message she had this nagging feeling that Rebecca was not okay. She felt unsettled and bit her lip.

Noey saw her and asked, "everything okay?"

"Umm...I said I was going to do something but I lost track of time."

"Is it important? Why don't you go? I think this will be a while and I can catch a ride with P'Pop later." Noey told Freen.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Yes! For sure! Go!" Noey urged.

Freen didn't need a second push, she grabbed her personal items and quickly drove her car back to her place to pick up her motorcycle. If she was going to make it to Rebecca's Fan meet, she would save a lot of time riding her motorcycle, , it was much easier to navigate the Thailand streets in a motorcycle than a car as she zipped in and out between cars to Becky's event.