Chapter 26

Finally when their work was completed, Freen had thought she could go back home but Chen gave Freen a harsh scolding regarding Freen's reaction to interviews and fan meet. 

"Freen you can't do that in interviews or in fan meets. Smile! Interact! Act cute! Do you know how unapproachable you were! A brick can be warmer than you. Gosh, I expected more from you. You've been a manager for so many years in Idol Factory, you should know what should be said and what shouldn't. You act greener than the new artists we signed on." Chen the manager ranted. 

It irked Becky to hear them and it hurt her even more to know that those words wounded Freen. Becky wanted to defend Freen, she wanted to talk back to P'Chen that Freen had been working so hard to improve herself. She wanted to tell Chen that even if he thought that Freen was rude, unapproachable, or not acting all cute to fans, he should have taken her aside and spoken to her privately rather than humiliate her in front of their peers and colleagues. Becky was about to open her mouth to speak, but she caught Freen's eyes and the small shake of her head to not intervene. Freen simply stood there and took all those words in. She apologized to Chen and promised to do better. When Chen left in a huff, Rebecca approached Freen to comfort her but Freen refused to talk about it afterwards. 

From that day on, Freen seemed to have switched into a completely different person. She continued to work hard and improving herself by slowly changing her personality that was fit for an idol. Rebecca was happy and proud to see Freen's improvement in her career, but she was conflicted because she could see the strain on Freen's mentally and emotionally. The cuteness and closeness she once had with Freen seemed to slowly dwindle away. Rebecca used to think that Freen would only show her funny personality and inner thoughts with her and show only the cold exterior to the rest of the world, but now it seemed the opposite. By the end of the work day, Freen would be cold and reserved towards her in private but act all bubbly and funny for work. Rebecca was happy for all the success coming towards Freen's way, but she hated how it was pulling Freen away in their personal relationship. 

Gap the Series started filming and it went smoothly. As main leads, both of them had intense filming schedules where they were scheduled to work from morning to night. Becky felt that their relationship had shifted closer as colleagues rather than as girlfriends. They weren't talking the real relationship stuff that Rebecca wanted to address as their days were filled with filming, reviewing their scripts (each had to memorize their dialogue), and long days at job sites for filming. When they weren't filming, they were too tired to talk and would simply go to bed and sleep. On the rare days off, Rebecca would go back to her parents house to visit her parents and play with her dog BonBon so that also left little time for Freen and Rebecca to develop their relationship.

Rebecca's thoughts: It is ironic that I can see someone for so many hours in a day and still feel like I don't know that person. Is it me? Am I being too sensitive and demanding on what a relationship should be like. Should I say something? 

Freen's thoughts: When I am back home I will need to post, memorize the new edition of the script before I sleep. The schedule for tomorrow is to arrive on set by 7am, so ....if I am lucky I will be able to have four hours of sleep tonight. Sigh...being an actress is harder than I thought, but this is for BB. It is worth it. 

Posting, promoting her series on her lives all became a routine for Freen, she never thought that her actions actually lead to any outcome. The number of followers started to climb, but it was simply a number to Freen, she only realized that she was recognized as an actress when she saw the food trucks that had came to support their filming. It warmed her heart knowing that the amount of work she had put in was showing some results. She took pictures and posted them as a thank you for her fans. The habit of taking pictures and posting them was still new to her, but she posted as much as she can and willing to show her fans.